10| sheep

──・・𖥸・・──

──・・𖥸・・──

When Dove said that this was like an outdoor mall, I think she was grossly underselling this place. It's fucking massive. I'm not sure if we could walk the entire property in one day! But she's so excited to show me all the different shops she frequents from day to day, and far too eager to object to my offers of buying her anything. We're currently in a store called Southern Candle Studio, where she's picking up candles and smelling them. I swear, she's gone through at least half the store at this point.

"Are you sure you don't want anything?" I ask.

She glares up at me. "If I want something, I'll pay for it myself. Just cause you've got the money, doesn't mean you should spend it on me."

"It's called doing something nice for a friend, ever heard of it?" I joke.

Her face reddens slightly, but I'm not sure she even notices it, because it disappears just as quickly as it appears. "The answer's still no."

"You know, I'm not going to stop trying," I tell her as we leave the store.

"And maybe, one day, I'll actually tell you yes. But the likelihood of that happening is slim."

"Slim odds," I smile. "I can work with that."

She does her thing of rolling her eyes at me before her gaze lands on something off in the distance. "Oh my God...Hudson look."

Dove points toward this giant ferris wheel. I think it's called the SkyWheel, it's a short way off, and she looks like she could run there in under a minute if she had to. "Wanna go on it?"

"I thought you'd never ask," she surprises me by grabbing my hand and literally dragging me to the crowd toward the Boardwalk where the Ferris Wheel resides. On the way, we pass some attraction that's a house turned upside down on its head...little weird, but I'll fuck with it, I guess.

The universe seems to be on our side, because the line to the SkyWheel is short enough that the wait time is practically non-existent. Just as we get into line, the wheel begins to let the last round of passengers off. Dove is bouncing from foot to foot in a futile attempt to conceal her excitement. She looks like a kid who just got a pony for Christmas.

"I'm assuming this is your favorite thing to do here," I say.

She nods eagerly. "It's so cool! You can see everything from up there. I can even see my house! You're going to love it, Hudson, I promise."

Instead of the open pod for us to sit in, it's completely enclosed with a door that locks behind us. Dove scoots over to the side facing away from the line and presses her hands against the glass. She's completely entranced by the thrill of being on a Ferris Wheel. She looks over her shoulder and motions for me to come closer. I sit down across from her and glance outside as we begin to rise up in the air.