Vol 1, Ch 1: The Mothman's Emergence

It's the middle of the night, and I just got out of the weapons deal of the century. I chuckled to myself, while looking over the high quality rifle. Counterfeit money takes you a long way when it comes to thugs who didn't learn how to tell the difference.

I stuck the gun in the trunk of my car, and looked up, only for my grin to disappear.

The figure tilted it's head, and I stepped back. It screeched, and dived towards me, wings outstretched. It picked me up, and started carrying me into the air. After a minute of it going straight up, it got difficult to bresthe.

Now that I'm freaking out anymore, I took in his full appearance. A large black coat with a fuzzy hood, black pants, black shoes, and those damn wings. He has glowing red eyes, with no whites, and hairy antennae to boot. He looks like a freak of nature.

"Alright, I'm not in the best mood tonight, so I'm only going to ask once. Where is your boss?"

"Why not go for the guy with the guns?"

"Because I 'convinced' him to go with the deal so I don't drop him from the stratosphere, like I'm about to do to you of you don't answer the question."

I scoffed at the teenager, only to blink and find myself falling. I let out a shout, and watched as the male watched me fall. I reached the buildings, and started screaming. I felt a massive gust hit my back, and push me back into the air.

"Wanna talk now? It isn't the stratosphere, but it's pretty high."

"I ain't saying shit!"

He sighed, and I watched him fly above me. I felt myself fall, before screaming as I felt the cold, hard, concrete hit my back.

"GAAAAAAAAH!!!"

"Wow, that seemed like it hurt more than I thought. You okay down there?"

I couldn't even answer through all of the pain. The teen landed beside me, and crouched down, his massive wings and presence, bearing down on me.

"Now, anything you want to confess?"

"M-m-my b-b....boss is...."
_________________________________________

I raised an eyebrow, and sighed. The man passed out from the pain. Note to self, don't drop them from that high. I stood up and pulled out my phone.

"110, what do you need?"

"There's an extremely injured thug here for you. He bought an illegal firearm. I know you can just track the call, so get on it."

There wasn't any noise on the other end, and I hung up after a minute.

"119, what's the emergency?"

"There's a seriously injured man here. Follow the police in Kyoto and they'll have the guy."

I hung up, and kicked the unconcious man in the side. He coughed and I nodded to myself. Still breathing.

I flew up into the air, and went back towards my apartment. The best part of being me, is that everyone is so scared of my eyes and wings, with the darkness they don't even know what I look like.

I aat down on the couch, and turned on the news. This outta be good, especially if they're covering it already.

"We're here with local police chief, Eileen Hudson at the scene of what is either a vigilante, or a failed yakuza hit."

"After talking with the victim,"

She motioned towards the criminal, who Y/n noticed was significantly more hurt than when he left him.

"We got details on who did it. He claims they had moth wings, antennae, and glowing red eyes. He called them the Mothman. It seems we have a vigilante here in Japan, and I can't wait to see what happens here."

That lady is an obvious sadist. I wouldn't be surprised if that small frostbite on his leg was her. Hope I don't encounter that.