Vol 1, Ch 2: Cat and Moth

I sighed to myself, walking out of my day job at Dairy King, and to my motorcycle. Sometimes I wish I had a mothmobile, or a way to drive with wings. I started it, and waved to my boss.

I revved the bike and took off. I sped down the street, and stopped at my apartment. I got off, and went inside. I grabbed my coat, and pulled my hood up, feeling my antennae poke through the holes in the hood, while my wings unfolded and came out of the holes in the back.

I waited for it to finally get to be night time, and went outside, sitting on the railing, looking out over everything. I took a deep breath, and jumped. I started flying through the midnight sky, with a grin.

I need to find out who that guy's boss was, and I need to know now. I think the best place would be his hospital room. I took off towards the hospital he's admitted too, and flew beside every window until I saw him, resting.

I slid the window open, and sighed. Thank god it was left unlocked. I climbed in, and stood over the man, with my wings open. His eyes slowly opened after I let out a soft screech, before they shot open.

I covered his mouth, and leaned down to him.

"Alright. Here's how this is gonna go. You're going to tell me, where and who your boss is. If you don't, you're staying in here a medically induced coma so your brain doesn't short out from the pain."

"As amusing as that would be to see, there would be no point. He won't crack. It took me twenty minutes of drilling into him for him to speak. I doubt, a boy of your capabilities could do anything."

I spun around, and saw none other than Eileen, sitting in a chair. She folded one leg over the other, and pulled back some hair.

"You are quite the interesting figure. Going off your appearance, you're the son of Freedom Flyer. That must have been rough for a poor child like you. Watching your poor, sweet, and kind mother put down on T.V. like that."

She stood up, and strode past me, placing a hand on the man's mouth. He made muffled noises, only to let out a short, muffled, scream. She pulled her hand away, revealing a bloody shard of ice coming from her palm.

"Now then. I've got a deal for you."

"What is it?"

"Twelve days, twelve nights. Go that long without getting captured be me or any other police officer, and I'll give you the information from that thug, and my help."

"Why are you doing this?"

"I've been bored. Nothing has given me any entertainment besides you."

"I'm trying to figure out if you're serious?"

"Dead serious. You intrigue me. What causes a 19 to 24 year old to have such sadism?"

"Excuse me?"

"Well, you must have some kind of sadism to do that to a man. You dropped him from three stories onto concrete."

"I'm gonna drop him from two next time."

"That's sadist talk~ You're going to drop him from the perfect height that he gets the point and talks, but also low enough to drop them again."

"...."

"Hit the mark did I~? Just warning you, if I catch you before the time is up, then I'm ripping off your wings and antennae, and making a lovely coat~"

"Understood. See you never."

"Oh I sure hope not, the winters here get quite cold~"

I climbed out the window, and flew off. Oh boy, I really don't want to deal with that psycho for that long.