𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫 5࿐⋆secret's out⋆

❝Miss Diggory, be quiet!❞

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✧*:・゚✧

"What is my devil's spawn of a cousin doing here?" said Y/N, looking at Rigel with her jaw on the floor.

"Cousin?" Ron and Hermione said together.

"Is he your uncle Noah's son?" said Ron but Y/N didn't reply.

She turned her eyes in the direction of the Slytherin table, where Draco Malfoy was watching Rigel with a proud and smug grin on his face. He caught Y/N's stare and his grin even widened.

"You knew?" Y/N mouthed angrily at him.

Malfoy nodded.

"You piece of shit," Y/N grumbled as he laughed and turned towards the front.

Y/N turned too and watched Rigel sit on the stool to get Sorted. Professor McGonagall placed the hat on his head and Y/N grabbed Harry's hand nervously, squeezing it tightly.

"Please don't be a Gryffindor. . . please don't. . ." She whispered to herself.

There was an eerie silence in the Hall you could hear your own heartbeat, everyone was watching the school Hat and then seconds later, the Hat shouted-

"SLYTHERIN!"

"Wait- that's even worse!" Y/N exclaimed as she watched Rigel walk to the Slytherin table. They were cheering so loud that Y/N doubted even Harry could hear her words.

She stared hopelessly as Rigel embraced Draco in a brotherly hug, both of them wearing identical evil grins. The cheering from the Slytherin table went on and on until Dumbledore cleared his throat to get the attention.

"There is a time for speech-making, but this is not it," he said. "Tuck in!"

There was an appreciative laugh and an outbreak of applause and the five long tables were groaning under joints and pies and dishes of vegetables, bread and sauces, and flagons of pumpkin juice, the tense moment now replaced with normal talks.

"Excellent," said Ron, with a kind of groan of longing, and he seized the nearest plate of chops and began piling them onto his plate, Hermione kicked him under the table and nodded at Y/N.

She was gripping her fork tightly that it was starting to bend, glaring at the Slytherin table where Rigel and Draco were already talking and laughing about something.

"Y/N. . .?" Hermione said cautiously.

"This is a nightmare," Y/N hissed, shaking her head. "Complete nightmare."

"Didn't you say your uncle's family was in America?" said Ron. "How is your cousin here?"

"Do I look like I know?" Y/N snapped, completely bending the fork in her hand.