Chapter 1

Some things in life just don't work out... no matter how hard you try or how desperately you want for them to work out in a way you'll be able to live with, it just won't happen. I've learned this the hard way; however, I am a firm believer in the whole "everything happens for a reason" thing most people tend to call bullshit on.

Everthing does happen for a reason... it's true if you actually think about it. Seriously, just consider that.

Anyway- back to my semi-bad midlife crisis that's taking place. I've been engaged for the past three years, okay? Yeah, that's a long time to be engaged, but it's only because my fiance and I have both chaotic lives and no time to spare... Before we got engaged, we were together for seven years on and off, honestly those were the best seven years of my life. He's the love of my life, I couldn't imagine spending a day without the guy! All of those thoughts changed about, hm... four months ago.

Why four month ago? No, it wasn't a random and sudden realization. This had to do with another person who waltzed into my life at the wrong time i guess. I'll skip the detail of it, that'll be some fun stuff to review later... I'm sure you can use your imagination to figure out the rest if this little story though, I was engaged to the love of my life, things broke apart, and now- I'm with the new and improved love of my life. Got any ideas? Yeah, everyone thinks they do. But here's the thing- you're wrong. You're so wrong and way further off than you even know, but by the end of this you'll be able to make sense of my madness. So, here goes the of my broken engagement turned perfect romance.

***

"You say it like it's a bad thing!" I tease my fiance as he makes fun of my lingerie collection that i've magically accumulated through the years of being with him.

"Maybe you should get some upgrade, babe. I've seen all of those twenty times over." He says and walks to me, sliding his big and somewhat dry hands around my waist. His lips press firmly against mine and the familiar taste of spearmint gum tingles on my lips, accompanied by the strong smell too.

Jun always smells like spearmint, that's his favorite gum and you'll never catch him without a piece.

"Mm, maybe. I'll go buy more soon I guess." I say and put my arms over his shoulders, taking my hand through dark brown hair and bite my lip.

"Great, my birthday  looks pretty promising then." He says, obviously referring to his birthday-night festivities with yours truly...

"We'll see how well you behave!" I joke and he kisses me again and my smile appears as it always does. "Shouldn't be you at work?"  I ask him and pull my hand over his chest.

He sighs, "I'm leaving now. I'll miss you today, be good and I love you." He tells me and tucks away a loose strand of hair in my face.

"Yes sir." I laugh and he lets his hand fall over my ass and then steps back

"I'll call you for lunch, Sana."

This is an every morning thing for us. He goes to work at his dad's company, and  he leaves me to watch the house and the dog. He doesn't want me to work, which i personally don't agree with, but hey, sometimes you have to make sacrifes for those you love.

After what seems like forever, my baby returns home and I'm more than excited to see him. "I missed you a little extra today." I say as i follow him upstairs and into the bedroom while he pull his tie off and throws it on the bed.

"I missed you too, babe." He says and unbottons his shirt, paying minimal attention to me. I roll my eyes silently and think of ways to capture his attention. The most obvious way is sex, so of course i'll be taking the route.

I push my shorts over my hips and kick them to the side. I toss my shirt with them and then grab his tie from the bed and drape it over my shoulders. He's so occupied with taking his shirt off that he doesn't even notice. I clear my throat and he faces me and a grin appears on his face.

"Oh, hello." He smirks and walks closer.

"Like I said... I really missed you today." I mutter and kiss his lips slowly. I'll spare the details of what happens next, but you can use your imagination to fill in the blank space.

I am laying in the bed wearing nothing and my fiance lays with me. "So, we have a family thing to attend next week." He says and grabs my hand to play with the ring he gave to me.

"What kind of family thing?"

"The kind with my family, at my parents house. My sister, the one who has been out of the country for the past four years, is finally coming home and my mom wants to surprise her with a nice dinner. Plus, I want my soon-to-be wife to finally meet my sister. You two will hit it off great, I can sense it!" He says.

"I'd love to." I smile and scrunch up my nose.

"Perfect. I'll leave my card tomorrow and you can go shopping, but get something nice." He tells me.

"Okay. I'm gonna go shower." i say and get out of our bed and make my way to the bathroom.

"Still pinching myself that i get to sleep with you!" He yells, teasing me as i walk away from him.