10 - An Unfriendly Meeting

Days passed again till Thursday, after my shift at the car dealer I went towards the bar. I was pretty early today.

      'You're early y/n, here sit down; I'll make you a beer' Yoongi happily indicated.

I chuckled 'you're making me drink alcohol right before my shift?'

      'You're the boss, you can do anything you want' he answered with a smirk.

I sat down on the barstool while Yoongi poured me a beer.

He looked down as if there was something he wanted to talk about.

     'How are you Yoongi?' I asked trying to get him to tell me what was bothering him.

Yoongi was one of the nicest guys I knew but he wasn't the most open person ever. Due time I started to recognize when there was something bothering him. 

He walked from behind the bar and took a seat on the barstool next to me. It wasn't too busy anyways, so it was no problem.

      'I am good.... but uhm I was cleaning my apartment and found this older picture of before, like one of your dad and me.. and I was thinking about how he is currently doing.' Yoongi asked, slightly uncomfortable.

     'He is as he normally is, not really progressing or something'

      'How are you feeling about it though?' he then asked with this sadness in his eyes.

I shrugged a little,

       'I just wish sometimes that I could really talk to him you know. A lot goes lost through the technology and I know it also frustrates him so yeah.'

Yoongi put his hand on my arm

        'I know y/n, I really wished he would make some progress' 

At that exact time I saw Taehyung walking through the door, which was odd considering it was this so early on the evening.

What was also odd was how he was wearing a hoodie. I mean I had mentioned I liked him that way but I wasn't expecting him to actually act on that.

He stared at us and let's say if looks could kill, I and Yoongi would be dead.

I quickly retracted my arm from Yoongi's touch.

     'You are here early' I then said to Taehyung.

       'uhm yes am I interrupting your date?' he asked in a pretty hostile way.

      'What?' I asked confused.

      'Y/n, who is this clown?' Yoongi shrugged unbothered. 

      'uhm Yoongi this is .. '

       'I am Taehyung.'

       'Who is this?' Taehyung then asked me angry while pointing at Yoongi.

       'Yoongi is a childhood friend and employee of my bar, he takes the day shifts.'

       'Taehyung.....? does that name have to ring a bell?' Yoongi asked, which seemed to piss Taehyung off even more.

       'It should considering I am dating her' Taehyung exclaimed while pointing at me.

      'What? ' Yoongis face turned in shock.

Taehyung stared at me, visibly hurt.

        'or apparently, it was only me who thought that' he turned around and stormed out

I quickly followed him outside, 

        'Wait Taehyung' I shouted while running after him. He turned around, clearly upset.

       'Look I am sorry' I said apologetically.

       'I don't understand how you had no time to tell him about us, if he is such a good friend and employee, I mean it's been over two weeks?'

     'It's just..'

      'It's just?' Taehyung asked distressed

I also couldn't quite explain to him what it was. I think my resistance to tell Yoongi was because of what had happened in the past. Something that Yoongi knew, and therefore I felt this fear he would judge me.

       'Do you like him?' Taehyung then asked.

       'No of course not, I told you that I liked you, why are you even suggesting that.'

       'I don't know, I am trying to understand why you haven't told him. Are you ashamed of me?' he then asked. 

      'No!' I exclaimed, then I sighed deeply moving towards Taehyung.

      'I am just not used to this...to us.. I am really sorry Tae'' I said while waving my arms from him to me. Trying to explain, although I felt really bad about it.

A small smile appeared on his face

     'What?' I asked in a sad voice.

He stepped forwards and pulled me in for a hug.

       'aish seriously, so annoying.'

His voice was cheerful again though and he ruffled my hair

      'so we are good?' I asked while pouting.

      'yes we are angel, but you'd better tell everyone from now on you are seeing someone.'

I stepped back, releasing myself from his embrace.

       'I will, but uhm I do need to head back, do you want to come for a drink?'

He shook his head

       'No, I need to unexpectedly fly to Japan tonight because I need to attend some business meetings tomorrow. I think I'll be back next week.'

     'oh' I said pretty sadly because it was rather childish but that meant I wouldn't see him for a couple of days which was since I met him probably the longest time.

He squeezed my nose softly

      'yes that's why I dropped by so early, because I wanted to see you before I leave the country.'

I stared at him doe-eyed, it was so cute basically. He scratched the back of his head 'uhm so I really need to go though'

      'yes of course, so I will see you next week?' I asked and Taehyung nodded in confirmation. Then he walked away

     'Taehyung' I shouted and he stopped and turned back at me and I quickly ran his way and kissed him shortly.

      'Good luck with the meetings' I said and then left. 

I smiled to myself like an idiot, I just couldn't help it, this warm fuzzy feeling had filled my entire body.

I returned to the bar and Yoongi stood there with his bag in his hand.

      'So it's true? you are dating that guy?' Yoongi asked.

       'Yes I am' I replied

       'He is rich' Yoongi stated, which was odd, but on the other hand, it was the precise reason why I didn't tell him. Also, the fact he was able to catch that from only seeing Taehyung for a minute. Okay to be fair Taehyung looked rich, even in his sweater.

      'hmmhmm' I hummed.

      'You know how I think about that' Yoongi just said

       'He isn't like that' I replied but I knew that was futile, it was that typical thing people in love said.

That blindness.

       'sure y/n, I am heading out. Good luck tonight.'

I thanked Yoongi and resumed my work.