𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐮𝐩

For the past few weeks, school works and the science club had kept you busy from ever putting your thoughts and feelings together. It was always one science project after the other with Senku, then for some reason, the teachers thought it would be a good idea to flood their students with never-ending homework? It irked you, to say the least, but considering the overwhelming guilt you would feel when you see your parents disappointed with your dropping grades, you decide to preserve through this hellish loop no matter how tired you were.

Seeing as tomorrow would be Saturday, it'd be a good chance to catch up on some well-needed sleep. At least, you hoped you'd have the chance to. Knowing Senku, he'd be right outside your door at an ungodly hour and start dragging you out for some experiments he had in mind.

You sigh. Speaking of Senku, he notices your tired expression and frowns. He knew how hard you've been working for the past few weeks and started feeling slightly guilty that he was one of the causes of that tiredness. And he felt even more guilty when he knew that he could've easily done the experiments by himself without the need of bothering you at three in the morning. He couldn't help himself though, he grew used to your company whenever he was working on anything. He even craved it at times.

Senku chuckles at this. Oh, how the tides have turned.

It's as if it was only yesterday when you were kids, and he'd grow annoyed at you bothering him every single time he was trying to focus on science. Even going as far as to make you cry just so you would shut up and let him work in peace.

It was Senku's turn to sigh. He hadn't been the best at treating you well when you were kids. Actually, he'd sometimes cringe at some mean things he said to you that for sure hurt your feelings. He couldn't go back and change the past, but he could make sure that he was a better friend in the future.

"Okay, class! Seeing as everyone is here, I will be giving your final project in this class for this month."

You perked up. Finally, some good news.

Senku noticed this and smiled, he knew art was one of your favorite subjects.

"Your last activity will be fairly easy. Since photography is our topic, You will need to take the best photos you can and compile them into a portfolio. However, you will need to pick a theme for these photos."

Your mind immediately starts flooding with ideas. Your portfolio could have a (favorite color) theme and you take photos of things that fall in that hue. Or you could try astrophotography? It could also be nature-themed? There were so many options!

"And now, for the groups, this project will be done in pairs."

Senku's eyes immediately dart to your direction. He also thought astrophotography would be a good idea. Although it was probably a lame excuse just so he could go out and stargaze with you again.

Senku then started contemplating if he should wait for you to ask or if he should propose the idea of you two working together. He thought it was somewhat silly that his pride wouldn't allow him to just outright ask. As your eyes were scanning the room, possibly looking for a partner, your eyes land on Senku. You think for a bit and immediately rejected the idea before it could even enter your brain. Being paired up with him would only distract you and result in a faulty output of pictures.

"(Y/n)!" You hear a familiar voice call out to you and turn to the source of the sound. "Gyu?" You smile at the red-haired boy.

"Wanna be my partner? I don't really know anyone in this class besides you." The male said in a sheepish manner. You move your eyes towards Taiju and Yuzuriha, and saw that they inevitably got paired together. You sigh in relief and turn to Gyu. "Sure! I'd be glad to be your partner."