Hospital

"What are you doing here?"

Even though a part of Lucien was expecting such a reaction from Freya, the other part of him was convinced that maybe, just maybe her defensiveness would be toned down given the situation.

Of course, he was wrong.

"This is a bloody hospital," Lucien shot back, "Last time I checked anyone can enter here,"

"How did you get in?" Klaus asked, his tone careful in front of Aliza.

"You honestly thought your minions could stop me?"

Henrik pinched the bridge of his nose. He had always thought that his siblings were a little childish despite being centuries old. But Henrik was getting irritated by their lack of understanding of the situation.

He glanced at Aliza, who sat there on the bed with the same blank stare that she had since the moment she woke up. Mithila sat beside her, clearly exhausted by everything while Vincent sat on the sofa along with Katherine, both with unamused looks on their faces.

Vincent had to spell the room to avoid any complaints by the hospital staff. Lucien had shown up, asking about Aliza. Even though Vincent wanted that man to stay away, Mithila let him in the room.

Vincent knew Mithila must have had some reason to let Lucien near Aliza. But it was strange to see him getting worried about her.

"You have no business here," Elijah spoke, his voice firm yet threatening.

He didn't trust Lucien in the slightest. If it were to him, Elijah would have got rid of him the second he saw him again.

Lucien clenched his jaw, glancing at Aliza. He had rushed to the hospital as soon as he heard the news about what had happened.

He felt a sharp stab of pain at the sight of the little girl. Lucien held himself responsible for not gaining his senses sooner, perhaps if he had reacted quickly at least some of this could have been avoided.

The change in her personality was hard for Lucien to miss. He spent almost an hour in the girl's company before the tragic events occurred. 

Lucien remembered Aliza's unending questions and her witty comments, it was something he could never forget. For the first time in his life, Lucien had someone be so curious about his side of the story, and be nothing but honest with him.

But at that moment Lucien realized that that lively girl was long gone. There was no hint of emotion in Aliza's eyes, he was informed that she hadn't said a word after the breakdown she had. 

"We're giving you one last chance," Kol threatened, standing behind Rebekah.

"Fine," Lucien mumbled underneath his breath. He was here to make sure that Aliza was okay not to disturb her when she was supposed to rest.

Lucien was about to step away from the bed but he stopped.

Freya's eyes widened when she saw Aliza's hand on Lucien's wrist. Her eyes were still void of any emotions but her grip was tight.

Mithila stared at Aliza for a while. Everyone else was quiet, Mithila's eyes shifted to Aliza's tiny hand that clutched Lucien's wrist. 

"You want Lucien to stay?" Mithila asked, her voice soft and low.

Much to everyone's surprise, Aliza nodded her head.

Lucien smiled gently down at Aliza. He reached out and with his free hand patted her head as he spoke.

"I'll stay as long as you want, love,"

Klaus exhaled, holding himself back. Out of all the things he had expected, this wasn't one of them.