⁰³⁵ zacharias smith

❝ god, it looks like he's eating her face, doesn't it ? ❞

eating her face, doesn't it ?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

  MAEVE'S ATTITUDE HAD SOMEWHAT mellowed by the next day, thanks to hermione— but unbeknownst to everyone else. harry assumed it was because she had taken her anger out on him— and they were back onto speaking terms. plus, his nose had been fixed by nurse pomfrey.

however, ron was still being grumpy and surly— and nothing that anyone would say made any difference. harry and maeve's efforts in the common room to tell him that the whole team would be devastated if he left was undermined by the fact that the rest of the team were sitting in a huddle in the corner, very clearly muttering about ron and giving him irritated looks.

so, breakfast was an excitable affair on the day of the match — the slytherin team booed and jeered as every member of the gryffindor team entered the great hall, hoping to put them off their game.

"how was it, then?" ron grumbled, sliding into his usual seat at the table.

"how was what?" hermione asked, putting down the daily prophet.

"your dinner party?" he frowned incredulously.

slughorn's dinner party the night before was also an interesting affair, with people attending such as: blaise zabini, theodore nott, flora and hestia carrow, melinda bobbin, marcus belby, clover, neville, ginny, harry, hermione and maeve; and to the latter's dismay— cormac mclaggen. she didn't mind though, as the food was delicious, and apart from professor slughorn's occasional babble, it was fine.

"pretty boring, actually. though i think harry enjoyed dessert." hermione grinned, and maeve snickered. "slughorn is having a christmas-do, you know? and we're supposed to bring someone."

"great. another thing i'll be left out of." the red-headed boy mumbled.

"no, actually." maeve corrected him, cutting her bacon rash with her knife. "i know
someone who was thinking of inviting you, ronald."

"yeah, right." he scoffed.

"good luck today, ron!" clover smiled as she skipped past them, towards the hufflepuff table.

"i'm resigning." he fussed, his cheeks flushed with nervousness. "after today's match— mclaggen can have my spot."

"suit yourself." harry shrugged. "juice?" he pushed a chalice across the table towards him.

"hello everyone," luna greeted. "you look dreadful, ron." she turned to harry. "is that why you put something in his cup? is it a tonic?"