6

Eric was shoved down to his knees but still showed no sign of regret or pleading to be forgiven. He was strong and stubborn like usual.

I cared for Eric which would shock everyone. My morals also stood fiercely as well, no one should be killed at least not without fair reason and trials.

Four aimed the gun to his head and I ran in, aiming my own gun at Four. 

"You shoot him, I shoot you" I snapped, stepping in between Four and Eric. Glaring daggers at four.

"Koa... what are you doing?" Tris asked, prying Fours gun away from my chest.

I watched them carefully, reaching around behind me and roughly pulling on Eric to stand up "His morals are wrong but deaths not the answer here, he's killed plenty of people but I'd rather have him tortured than shot with mercy"

Fours gaze still landed on mine, not a glimpse of me being right to him.

I motioned for the handcuffs by one of Eric's officers then turned back to Four, taking out a knife from my pocket. Starting to spin it.

"Kill anyone else but he deserves to pay, being killed lets him off easy but I have other plans for him" I tried to convince him, putting Eric's hands in the cuffs. If you looked at the knife it was stained in blood.

"Fine, go and lock him up but if this is regrettable, it goes on your hands" Four ordered, pfft like he was in charge. If he did or didn't I would have fought him maybe even killed him. To keep Eric Alive.

I was pleased with myself that it worked. I usually can get him to listen to me. I grabbed Erics arm and stormed out of the room and lead him down the building to the pavements outside where I planned to take him somewhere private yet close to Erudite so he wouldn't get killed.

Eric spoke barely during the whole trip down the stairs which made me suspicious. He should have been thanking me or praising me or at least something.

"Are you going to say something or should I live to my word of torture?" I sassed, looking around the surroundings.

"You know going to Erudite is dangerous, especially for a divergent like you" Eric monotonely said.

"Yes but I care about you more than a jail cell and experiments" I sighed, stopping suddenly. "Plus I've been through worse."

I halted, sighing dramatically I brought him down an ally way and into an old building where we would be in private I knew he wanted to talked to me.

"Are you going to say thank you for saving your life or shall I just leave you here without the keys to those handcuffs?" I ordered, crossing my arms.

"You are one badass Koa" Eric chuckled. I smiled a bit so glad to hear him chuckle.

"Promise me, when I let you free through those gates you will say nothing about what I did" I asked, stepping closer to Eric.

I didn't want to be noticed coming to Erudite, if the word got out Four or someone else would kill me for temporarily siding with the enemy. Not like I was afraid of death.

Specially after all my beliefs and if they find out it's cause I care about Eric they will hurt him.

"Why not? I think though work like this should be applauded" Eric raised an eyebrow.

"Because I don't need you to get hurt. Or worse killed." I sighed.

I unlocked his cuffs, shaking them off his wrists and chucking them to the floor. I kissed his cheek quickly "I'll see you soon okay?" Turning away to leave.