When she comes knocking you help her

(Roe's P.O.V.)
The former event and ball room was now back to its original play room for the kids. I was once again sitting in the windowsill as I looked over Mr Monty. I had tried stitching him up but wasnt really succesfully. I managed to put his ear on but it wasnt pretty. His button eye was lost so he had one eye now for now. I looked up from Mr Monty and looked across the room. I watched the other girls play or talk with each other and completely ignore me. I was fine with that, most of them pick on me anyway. I saw Mia, Pauline and Ellie look at me while whispering. Soon enough they made their way over to me. "What you doing, Roelynn?" Mia asked. Before I could respond, Mia ripped Mr Monty from my hand and held him up by the leg. She soon started to mock me and make comments about Mr Monty aswell. I started to get angry. "Look at this ugly thing" she commented with a sinister laugh. I clenched my fist as I saw her starting to tug on Mr Monty's ear. I snapped and stood up and pushed her away. She fell backwards smacking her head on the ground and dropping Mr Monty on the ground. Mia looked up at me and I saw that she started to cry loudly. I ignored her and picked up Mr Monty to inspect him. His ear had been ripped a bit but was still on his head. "Roelynn!" I heard my name being angrily called by head-nurse Angela. I looked up and saw her storming towards me and the rest. She leaned down to inspect Mia before glaring at me. She called another nurse over who was going to take care of Mia. "You are going to regret pushing Mia, Roelynn" she said grabbing my face harshly "She did nothing to you and yet you pushed her". She grabbed my arm and pulled me with her. I barely could keep up as we walked outside. I knew where we were going, the shed. There you find stuff like bricks and hoses. Angela stopped infront of the shed before looking down at me. Fear filled my veins as I realized what was about to happen. "Oh no. Dont you start crying now. You keep those tears under control untill they deserve to come out" she sneered. I pulled Mr Monty closer to my chest. Angela saw and growled. She snatched him from me and threw him on the wet ground before dragging me inside the shed. It was darker in the shed and I looked over at the hoses hanging on the wall and gulped. I whimpered and pushed myself into a corner and waited for everything to happen.

Angela stood back up straight and looked down at me. I was curled up in a ball as pain went through my body. She told me to clean up everything and that she would be back in a couple hours. I watched her leave the shed and lock it. I pushed myself up and looked out the window of the shed. Seeing Mr Monty laying in a puddle.  Soon I watched Mia walk up to my teddy bear. She turned to look at me and showed an evil smirk before turning back  to Mr Monty. She put her foot on Mr Monty's stomach and pushed him further down into the puddle. Tears streamed down my face as I saw him go under. A couple minuter she got bored and left. I turned around. I had been here enough so I knew there was a space in the shed where the wood has rotten. I walked over to it and started to break it. I couldnt break enough, so I barely fit through it. I had to crawl underneath the wooden planks in the mud and dirt. I succesfully escaped and quickly ran towards Mr Monty. I picked him up from the puddle. He was drenched from the water and was sticky from the mud. Even through all of that, I still pulled him to my chest to hugg him. "Im here Mr Monty. Dont worry" I told him and a tear fell down my cheek. I looked around and saw that the gate was open. So I took my opportunity and ran for it. My feet connected with the dirty streets and I desperatly looked around for a familiar face. But I only saw scary men, who where covered in sweat, coal or blood. My breath started to speed up as I looked around at the big world. Suddenly a loud bang was heard and I screamed in terror. I dropped to the ground and put my hands on my ears and squeezed my eyes shut. I felt someone grab my shoulder and I flinched  "Easy, Little Roe". My eyes opened and I saw Mr Shelby. Again a loud bang and I jumped into his arms scared. "Its just noise, sweetheart" he whispered as he held me. His hand holding the back of my head. "Like a marching band" he said and I felt him stand up. He shifted me in his arms so he could hold me better and put a hand on my back for support. I flinched when it made contact and whimpered in pain. He put me down and leaned over me so he could pull up my shirt to reveal my back. The wind hit the wounds on my back and made me shiver. I looked up at him and saw him clench his jaw. "Lets get you inside" he said and picked me up again. This time more carefully. He walked away with me in his arms. He whispered sweet and calming words each time there was a loud bang. He opened a door of what looked like a house and went inside. I buried my face in his neck because the people looked our way. He ignored them and walked into a seperate room. He sat down on a chair and sat me on the table in front of him. I clung on Mr Monty as hard as I could. Mr Shelby sighed and gave me a pityfull look. "Stay 'ere" he said and stood up before walking away. It didnt take long before he got back, he had a box in his hands. He put it beside me before sitting down. I looked inside it and saw that it contained medical supplies. I turned back to him. "Lets take youe shirt off, ey" he said and motioned for me to put my hands up. He catefully helped me get my shirt of. Again he bit his lip in anger and I made myself small. He noticed and put a finger under my chin to lift it up. "Its okay. Im not gonna hurt you" he whispered and showed a smile. I nodded and watched him grab a little tub. He explained that it was cream for bruises and cuts so that they would heal faster. It wouldnt hurt me but it would be cold.

(Tommy's P.O.V.)
Everytime I applied the ointment I felt her flinch and then immediatly relax aswell. She had a hold of my shirt as she leaned against my chest. Finally I finished and put one of my large dress shirt over her. I looked at her teddy bear. It was dirty and had to be sewed in some places. "Would it be okay if we gave Mr Monty a bath?" I asked her. I could see her hesitate for a bit but soon she gave him to me.

(Roelynn's P.O.V.)
After Mr Monty had been cleaned and dried of Mr Shelby had brought us back in the same room. "Alright lets take a look at him" he said and put glasses on so he could see better when he was going to sew Mr Monty.

 "Alright lets take a look at him" he said and put glasses on so he could see better when he was going to sew Mr Monty

(Tommy's P.O.V.)
I saw Roe watch me with curious green eyes as I tried my best at sewing her friend. It wasnt really going well and Roe giggled at my many attempts of getting the thread in the eye of the needle. "Need any help?" I heard aunt Poll ask. I turned to her and she wore a smirk on her face. First I was to proud to give up but after two more tries I let her do it. While Polly was sewing Mr Monty's ear back and gave him a button eye, Roe had climbed on my lap and watched her with sleepy eyes. Once Poll was finished, Roelynn had fallen peacefully asleep against my chest while I rubbed circles on her tiny hand. Polly leaned forward and placed the teddy bear in her arms and she immediatly grabbed him in her sleep. "We need to talk" I stated and she nodded agreeing with me.

Published: 25th of April 2021