Chapter 5

Mason was walking through the hallways and looking through the palace. There was no doubt that the whole palace was filled with luxurious items from all over the world. They were truly facinating to look at. He was hopping through the hallways looking everywhere without noticing Jadon trailing behind him.

He was truly curious about this world in the novel and there was no better place to gain knowledge other than the library. As he was strolling through the palace looking for the library, he bumped into his third brother, Marcus. Everybody hated him in this world and no person would survive living with hate alone. So Mason decided to form a good relation with atleast one of his brothers.

"Hello, third brother! What are you doing? I'll join you too. I'm really bored"

After saying this, Mason looked at Marcus eagerly.

"I don't have time to play around with you, Mason. Just go do whatever you always do or go disturb someone else."

Mason wasn't really bothered by Marcus's words, he just really wanted to form a good relationship between them.

"You don't have to play with me third brother, I'll just sit by your side and watch. I promise I won't disturb you."

"Staring at someone is disturbing enough."

"Oh then, I won't stare at you, I'll just sit and do something else."

"Yes, sit and do something else in your room." At this point, even Mason was getting ticked off.

"Why is this kid so stubborn?"

"Third brother, help me study. I always get bullied because of my scores. Please brother"

"No time." Mason was disappointed and gave up.

"Okay brother, I'll leave then." When he was about to leave, Mason turned back and asked, "Are you free tomorrow brother?"

"No."

"The day after tomorrow?"

"No."

"The day after the day after tomorrow?"

"No rrrgh." The expressionless handsome face of Marcus was slowly cracking.

"Saturday?"

"FINE!" Marcus said loudly. Mason was startled for a second before his face beamed with a smile. Marcus flinched.

Marcus's image of Mason was always of a troublesome brat, who complained about everything. Eventhough his brother looked cute, his tantrums and whiny behaviour made him have a bad impression of him. When Marcus was only 6 years old, he and his brothers were told by their father that their mother had passed away.

Little Marcus didn't really understand what passed away meant. When he asked his brothers, his eldest brother said that passed away meant that she had gone to heaven and would never return. When he asked why, his eldest brother replied by saying, "We have a younger brother now called Mason. Mother died because of him. If Mason didn't cause trouble to our mother, she would have been fine. "

Little Myles didn't know what he was saying himself but the end result of his words were detrimental. The three brothers had started avoiding Mason like he was a curse. Marcus was always curious about the child with the same hair and eye colour as their mother but since his eldest brother said that, he would not mingle with this troublesome kid.

He immediately regretted saying fine in the moment of heat. When he was about clear the misunderstanding, Mason had already hopped away with a smile on his face.