twenty two

excuse mistakes

"Toosie don't forget to take your laptop." Dior stated peeking in Paige's room.

"Ok, she still sleep but I'm finna go head and make her bottles." Paige nodded flat ironing the rest of her hair.

"Alright, is Arielle still coming to get you or do I need to drop you off?" Dior asked.

"She's on the way. I think she has to drop her little sister off first then she'll come pick me up." Paige replied.

"Alright ma ma finna get dropped off too. Let me know when she here." Dior stated.

Today Paige was starting school. Being that everything happened a little over nine months ago, it happened at the end of her freshman year but rolled over into her sophomore year. She was currently a sophomore and ready for a new start.

However Paige was really nervous. She was nervous for two reasons. One, she wasn't ready to leave Sevyn, she knew she had attachment issues and right now it was really taking a toll. Of course she knew Dior would take care of Sevyn but she was nervous that Sevyn may get hurt. Second, she was scared that maybe people would treat her like they did back in Louisiana. Paige wasn't the problematic type, she didn't like drama so she was just hoping that she could go to school, learn, and have fun.

Paige and Arielle went shopping after the park play date. Paige wanted new clothes being that the school didn't enforce uniforms. She wanted to look presentable for her first day.

Sevyn's whines filled throughout the room making Paige hurry up and finish her hair. She had Sevyn on a strict schedule, so right now it was definitely time for Sevyn to wake up.

"Good morning pretty girl." Paige smiled picking Sevyn up. Sevyn's whines immediately stopped relaxing in her mom's arms.

Paige quickly gave Sevyn a warm bath making sure to sing the song that she always sung, "Sing to Me," by Jhene Aiko. Sevyn loved bath time and getting her hair washed, so this was a bonding time for the two. After making sure the baby was clean Paige dried her off and rubbed her down in Coconut Oil.

"Let's go get a bottle." Paige nodded. She secured Sevyn in one arm and grabbed her bookbag and the diaper bag. They headed downstairs where Ja'Kye and Sahara were leaving out the door.

"Me and my niece finna have so much fun." Dior stated making her breakfast smoothie. One thing about Dior, she loved a smoothie.

"Don't forget to call me around noon, that's when I go on lunch. She about to have a bottle, so she won't need another one until before she takes her nap. She doesn't like sleeping in anything but her diaper and socks. She gets hot fast, and when she hot she gets a attitude. If y'all go somewhere make sure to take her little fan thing." Paige rambled on causing Dior to chuckle.

"Toosie I live in the same house with y'all. I know everything you telling me." She chuckled.

"Yea you're right." Paige giggled.

"But I'm glad you're like that with her, you're doing a great job Toosie. Don't worry I'll protect her at all costs boo. Just try to have fun and learn something at school." Dior stated.

"Thank you sissy." Paige smiled holding the bottle up to Sevyn's mouth. Sevyn drunk the bottle at a steady pace looking around. She was a very nosey baby.

Fifteen minutes later Arielle had texted Paige that she was outside. Paige had grabbed her bookbag and her purse. She gave Sevyn to Dior and kissed both of their cheeks.

—-

"Okay so I'm a junior, my building along with senior building is right across this breezeway. This is the sophomore and freshman building, so all of your classes will be over here. For lunch imma come get you so we can go to the food trucks." Arielle explained to Paige who nodded her head.