Wolves and wars - Teen Wolf/Vampire diaries crossover

description: The Salvatores hit a wolf on their road trip. Not really a good way to go unnoticed.

"So it's a right turn here, and then a left next time." Stefan said trying to figure out the map.

"We are so lost. You are so bad at map reading," Damon complained.

"I am not! And we are not lost!"

"We are supposed to go to Nevada. We're in California!"

Stefan sighed and put the map down.

"I am so done with this. Can't we just find somewhere to sleep and then try again tomorrow?"

Damon nodded and told Stefan to look out for any motels, hotels or bed and breakfasts. They we driving on a main road through a forest when suddenly Damon hit the brake as a wolf ran out in front of them. He wasn't fast enough. The car hit the animal hard.

"Shit!" Damon said and got out of the car. Stefan followed. The wolf was awake and whimpering. It was bleeding and probably had some broken bones as well.

"Stefan get into the car. You don't wanna see this," Damon mumbled.

"What?! You're not gonna kill it, are you?"

"Yes, Stefan. It's suffering. I need to put an end to it."

Tears welled up in Stefan's eyes. Damon gently pushed him towards the car and grabbed a large rock.

"Damon?"

"Yes?"

"I thought California didn't have wolves..."

There was a moment of silence before Damon swore under his breath. Not only had he hit a wolf. He had hit a werewolf.

"What are we gonna do?" Stefan asked.

"We're gonna let it be. It has a pack for sure. They're gonna come for it eventually. We shouldn't be here when they do."

Stefan didn't feel like it was the right decision to just leave, but after all that was what they did in the end.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

"Stiles?" Sheriff Stilinski called out through the house.

"Yea?!" Stiles yelled, pausing the movie and shoving a bunch of popcorn in his mouth.

"If Scott is here, watching Star Wars with you, which wolf was then hit by a car yesterday?"

Stiles and Scott exchanged a look. Stiles turned off the TV and grabbed his car keys. Both boys jumped up and rushed down the stairs.

"Where are you going?" The sheriff asked.

"Out. We have to hurry. Tell you all about it later. Bye!" Stiles hurried and rushed out the door. They got into the car and drove to Derek's loft.

"Derek?!" Scott called out glancing around the apartment.

"Keep it down, will you?" Peter growled.

"Where's Derek?" Stiles asked shallowing hard at the blood stains on the floor.

Peter gestured towards the bedroom. Both boys practically ran there, seeing the pitch black wolf laying on the bed, breathing deeply. Three of his legs and his ribs were covered in bandages and the pillows had blood stains from the bleeding head.

"Why isn't he human?" Scott asked and turned to Peter, who stood behind them.

"He's too weak to turn. If he tried, he would die, so his body will refuse to. It automatically puts all his energy into healing."