Chapter 1: A Pure Princess (1)

“Good lord, please save the princess.”

“How is she?”

“This is the worst!”

It was noisy.

What the hell? Can’t I even have a good quiet death? Shit.

They sounded like they were panicking, which was strange.

Wait? There was no one around where we were.

The place was eerily quiet, and I remembered it clearly. No, I think that was not the issue here. The main issue here was…

Why the hell am I laying down on something soft?

I was laying down on something soft, like a proper bed, facing up, I feel. Which was strange, I died on the street. No, did I manage to survive somehow? Maybe, when he left me, someone found me and I still had some sort of pulse.

This could mean a lot of things though. He had mistaken me to be dead. And most of all! This could also mean I’m free! I couldn’t feel more happy. I mean, who wouldn’t be? Hahaha!

My face twitches due to the positive emotions I was feeling inside.

“The princess! The princess moved!”

I heard a woman’s voice. She sounded relieved as she raised her voice.

I wonder what princess they were talking about.

Was there even something as princesses during this generation? Oh wait, there were. Well not where I was.

Maybe someone had the name ‘princess’? A certain country does use that word as a literal name.

Or maybe, by some strange fate, a princess ran away and encountered an accident, thus we ended up in the same room. Good, she could be useful if that was the case. Maybe if I go all friendly with her, she would treat me nicely. Maybe she could take me somewhere. I mean, princesses were wealthy girls, so helping someone who was kind as me would be no big deal.

“Physician, she’s still closing her eyes, please make sure there’s nothing wrong with my younger sister.”

Hm? Wait, why the hell is someone touching the side of my face.

Must be a mistake, there must be a timing coincidence. Someone just happened to check up on me at the same time.

It was then I noticed something was amiss. I had no wounds on the head. Which was again strange. I was supposed to have a bullet wound on the shoulder and on the stomach. Wait, I was also stabbed on the heart. I supposed to have died. Could it be perhaps I was tougher than I thought? Pfft, of course not. A stab to the heart was a sure death.

“The healing spell healed her head in time, so it should be alright.”

A man’s voice reached my delicate ears.

Hm? What did this guy just say? Healing spell? Hey hey, what the hell is going on?

I was utterly confused. Was something weird going on? This guy was totally an adult, not some kid playing around and saying stuff like spells.

“Princess, can you open your eyes?”

I was becoming more confused than before. That voice, it just whispered to me after all.

Me? Princess?

Was this some kind of joke?

Completely confused, I opened my eyes. Oh boy, what greeted my eyes only made me think I lost my mind.