l

Mature content, viewer discretion advised

"SURPRISE MOCK NEWT'S NEXT WEEK! WHAT IN GODRIC'S NAME WERE THEY THINKING?!" Alicia shouted after she read the new announcement pinned in the Gryffindor message board.

"I think Ali is going to have a nervous breakdown," George whispered when the girl began pacing around the room cursing the heavens through gritted teeth.

"She's not the only one, I'm not prepared for mocks yet! They were supposed to do them later on!" Madeleine ran her fingers through her hair.

"Maybe we should get breakfast and then start revising before we all end up killing each other because of stress," Lizzie said softly.

"And we have to go to study halls too! They surely know how to ruin Easter break," Lee huffed as they all walked to the great hall.

When they stepped inside, all of the seventh years were having the same crisis they had in the common room. It wasn't only the fact they they wouldn't get to have a break at all, but it also meant the beginning of sending pre-job applications and those who had top marks always managed to get the best positions first. They all sat on the table and piled their plates with food when a beautiful eagle owl landed in front of Madeleine gracefully, carrying a medium sized parcel wrapped in pastel colors.

"What is Malfoy's owl doing here?" Ron scowled looking at the animal with hatred.

"Don't know, probably got confused or something. I'll go give it back," the blonde stood up and picked up the parcel, the owl hopping on her shoulder. "I believe this must be for you, maybe your owl got confused," she said to Draco who sat on the Slytherin table with his friends.

"It's not for me, my owl never gets confused and besides I already received my Easter care package. I do believe however that mother sent that one for yourself, otherwise it would not have been delivered to you," he rolled his eyes and the owl moved to display proudly on his shoulder.

"I um, I guess I didn't see the note sorry for bothering you," she rummaged the box and took out a note addressed to her.

"Madeleine, she actually enjoyed your company. She told me once you left," he whispered when his idiot friends got distracted from the conversation they were having.

"Tell her thank you for this, have a nice day Draco," she said politely and strutted back to her table.

"So Narcissa Malfoy sent you this? Are you sure it's not poisoned?" Fred asked quietly when she set the package back on the table.

"Pretty sure it isn't, she's my godmother after all so I don't think she'll try to poison," she replied in the same tone looking at the assortment of sweets and snacks placed neatly on the box. She took out the note and tried hiding a smile as she read it over and over again, she hadn't received a motherly note for almost two years and a small part of her wouldn't mind getting accustomed to Narcissa.

NEWT's season will start soon so I figured you needed some extra love to get through them. You are a smart girl and I know you will get top marks. I understand if you want nothing to do with me but I am still your godmother and I would like to get to know you, time has taken too much from the both of us. Good luck my dear.
Love, Narcissa.

"Was that a smile I just saw?" Fred leaned a kissed her cheek.

"Perhaps it was," she muttered and went back to eat her brekfast.

Much to Madeleine's displeasure, the library had no empty spaces left because of the fifth and seventh years preparing for mock OWLs and NEWTs respectively. The common room was filled with loud younger students who were in fact enjoying their well deserved break and the twins were making more fireworks in their dorm so the only two places she could study in were the Astronomy Tower and her favorite tree with a clear view of the lake.