Chapter 2

At dawn, when everyone was asleep, Rosena left the mansion.

Rosena decided to dress up as a man to get around more freely.

She cut her hair that she had grown so far and bought clothes worn by commoners in the market.

Decorating like a man, he looked like a pretty commoner boy.

After finishing all preparations, Rosena left County at dawn in a carriage bound for a foreign land.

And she started going around the places that she wanted to go all this time.

She visited Lake of Light, which she saw only in paintings, and visited the market held once a year.

Although it was within the empire, Rosena was more free than anyone else.

It was a satisfactory life that she couldn't remember what happened at the mansion.

She met a lot of people during the trip.

For Rosena, who had learned to wear a mask in nobles society all her life, those people were easygoing and honest.

Little by little, Rosena had mastered how to live as a commoner boy, not a noble young lady.

It had been a month after leaving the mansion, some news came to Rosena's ears.

It was the news of Count Estarot's young lady had disappeared.

The Countess even made a small prize, but no one saw the young lady.

Of course that would be the case, because Rosena was now disguised as a commoner man.

Rosena, who was heading south roughly around the central city, arrived in the echoic forest in the late afternoon.

The echoic forest was a large forest connecting the central and southern parts of the empire, but it was not a favorite place for people to visit.

It was because the forest was so wide that it was a perfect place to get lost.

Beginners made their way around the forest, but Rosena deliberately went through the forest.

She was curious about the magnificent scenery and didn't want to go back to the south.

In particular, it was safe to pass by because there was no word that a beast would appear.

Rosena looked around.

The echo forest, almost imperceptible to humans, was made up of white trees, as read in the book.

The echoic forest, that nearly there were no human traces in it, was made up of white trees just as she read in the book.

It was all white and cold, so cold that she felt like she was in a snow field.

Just when she thought it was a little cold, a warm wind began to blow.

The spring breeze that pushed out the cold air enveloped Rosena.

The leaves, which had shrunk as if to welcome Rosena, bloomed.

The chirping of birds flying over the sky became echoes and reached Rosena's ears.

Rosena stood in the middle of a forest filled with white trees and looked up at the sky.

The sun, hanging from the top of the tree, was leaning sideways like a clock.

It felt like if she was late, she wouldn't be able to get out of the forest until sunset.

As she walked inside, squirrels living in the forest came running up and began to walk in the lead.