Helping Nami

Yoruichi underestimated the 18 year old girl. She held strength many refused to hold over a dilemma like this. A situation many would simply put atop of others shoulders that they believe can bear the responsibility and fix their problem for everyone.

She saw through her facade just like her captain did, which is why she decided to sleep on his chest as they let time fly while Nami attempted to make things go right.

She flutters her eyes open as she felt nothing solid beneath her. She looks to frown at the smiling face looking down on her.

'It's always the best sleeps getting ruined' she sighs

"Let's go for a walk"

She yawns and blinks her eyes closed, hoping that her captain won't decide to wake her just to ease his boredom.

"Hey, you there! Wait!"

'I guess sleep isn't an option here' she thought bitterly

Yoruichi opens one eye to see 3 fish men standing behind them in a hostile manner that didn't phase her and Luffy due to their own experience with bad guys.

"Who are you and what are you doing on this Island?!" The octopus yells from a far.

"Why? What does it matter to you?" The black haired teen answers

"Well, it's just that we don't get many visitors" he exclaims, sweat dropping at his calm tone.

"Oh, my names Luffy. She's Yoruichi" he introduces, rubbing his cats head. "We're just passing through"

"Huh? Passing through! Well have a nice time!"

Yoruichi giggles 'Hard to believe that octopus is a bad guy' she licks her lips teasingly at the three men, making them panic at the fake hunger displayed in her eyes.

'Like I'd ever eat them'

OoO

Yoruichi's eyes soften as her friend stabs the tattoo on her arm, repeating Arlong's name every strike in a daze.

She jumps off of Luffy's shoulder and onto the knife before it can lodge into her shoulder again 'She shouldn't blame herself'

The red head seemed taken aback by how suddenly heavy the knife became. She looked down in surprise as she realised the absence she felt in her hand is exactly that. Empty.

She looks down to see Yoruichi with the knife in her mouth with a very sad look etched on her face. Nami was too shaken to see the feline jump on the knife then flip back, grabbing the tip in her mouth mid air.

Yoruichi drops the knife she held in her mouth to lick the red heads forearm in comfort.

"Yoruichi" she looks up at the teen hovering above her "Luffy... what do you want? You don't know anything about this. You don't know what's been happening on this island for the past 8 years"

"Nope. I don't"

She hugs the feline in her arms in comfort, tears streaming down onto her soft coat "This has nothing to do with you. I told you to leave this damn place"

"Yep. You sure did"

Nami grabs at the ground with her right hand, shovelling it behind her for the dirt to hit him. "Then leave! I told you to leave! Get out of here, get out of here!" She repeats, shovelling the ground towards him.

Yoruichi meows softly, licking the 18 year olds tears away. She stops her shovelling at the relaxing licks of the cats tongue and wrapped her other shaking arm around her.

Nami looks up at her friend in shock at the feel of something on her head.

'He... he gave me his hat' she thought, knowing how precious the straw hat meant for him.

"Of course. That's what friends do" he takes a couple steps back, crouching then standing with his arms up "HE'S GOING TO PAY!"

Yoruichi's eyes sparkled in admiration for the boy she knows to be an idiot despite his heroism.

'You never cease to surprise me'

OoO

Yoruichi decided to stay with the girl while she sat on the ground for a breather. She knew how important it can be to have company during tough times.

'At least she's stopped crying' she purred with a smile, happy that the girl started to giggle as she strokes her back.

"Thank you Yoruichi. You didn't have to stay with me, but you did" she grins, placing the feline on her right shoulder. She stands up and begins to walk to where her home is located.

She sat down and bandaged her arm slowly, wincing at the pain. It helped that Yoruichi kept nuzzling her head against the crook of her neck. It kept Nami distracted from the sting on her arm.

'At least she's stopped crying'

"Don't worry Yoruichi, I'll be fine. I just need a bit of time to rest" she states in a sad tone. "I've done enough crying. I've whined enough too" she clasps both her cheeks "It's time I make a decision" she grabs her wooden bo staff and makes a run to the village with Yoruichi in her arms.

"They're all fighting for me!"