Chapter 25: Afterparty Inferno

# 751

Bon-fire is an indispensable element of any camping trip. The very essence of a camp under the starry skies lies in the sweet misty fragrance of mud, basking heat from the fire, fruity smell of the marshmallows, and the cacophonious baritones of off-pitch songs sung by us.

Summer camps were truly the most memorable memories for us. When the bonfire lits our faces up, I always feel an inferno building in my body, an inferno that empowers me to do anything and everything.

~ Aavya, smiling while penning her thoughts outside her tent on a camping trip.

❋❋❋

The faint sun rays of the crisp morning woke Ahana up. She hadn't realized that she fell asleep on the sofa in the living room itself after Jaai and Zara dropped her home. It was a silent ride, Jaai was in total shock. He couldn't imagine what happened and what was Ansh going through, he had nothing to say either. 
She was waiting for Ansh to come home so they could talk if he wished to but he didn't come back.  

She should have known. He has this streak of vanishing and abandoning a conversation when he is in agonizing pain but for so long they were doing good. She did forget that Ansh still can be petulant but this time it wasn't his petulance, he was furious, burning like an inferno and he had every right to be enraged. 

She stretched herself and thought about getting breakfast started. Her kids, although they rarely had breakfast together these days might get up late owing to last night and she would get a chance to talk to them. First, she was in a dire need of a shower. After getting into her PJs and deciding on skipping office Ahana went down only to find that all her children had left. It shouldn't come as surprise but she thought she might be able to get in a conversation with them before Ayan and Aavya were thrown off with the truth. She dreaded the thought that how they might react, she had experienced the teaser already. Besides, she had to tell Aman as well to make sure he is armed with necessities if anyone confronts him which they might.

Gosh! Overnight it all turned messy. No one is to be blamed except her.

She tried calling Ansh but it went straight to his voice mail which was expected of him. She had to give him some time at least before forcing him to talk to her upfront. He deserves that.

Well, the rest of the day was uneventful was Ahana and she regretted missing office as it might have let her mind off the constant pain of overthinking yet there she was alone in her house shuffling from one room to another with her thoughts bouncing between her kids and her husband.

✿✿✿

Aman had one last thing to wrap up before heading home. He had received his mother's text about what happened and he was tense but he knew this was gonna happen in the near future. What surprised him was that he was left alone the entire day without Ayan or Aavya storming in his office expressing their anger, disappointment, or any damn form of emotion no matter what. He just wished they came in to profess their hearts and when no one even bothered a peak his heart felt heavy. Perhaps it did not matter now. They did not care less about what Aman or their mother did or maybe it was quite possible they were still in the dark which was highly unlikely but he wished to believe the later one. At least Aavya would have dashed in asking million of things if Ayan chose to maintain his calm.

Aavya wasn't the passive one. She needed to act. He was brought back to the present with a video call. This was his last appointment of the day and the most important one. Procrastination wasn't an option anymore. 

Dr. Jeffs

There was a knock on the door and assuming it to be his pestering assistant he ignored it.