XXVIII

niki and i gave eachother a confused glance before rushing to the front of the house.

tubbo and tommy were in the foyer, gawking out of one of the windows. tubbo wore his pine green suit jacket paired with black trousers, a little broach attaching a sprig of lilac to his jacket.

tommy had brushed through his hair, calming what usually was incredibly untidy. the teen had on his best white shirt, which he messily tucked into his black trousers. he accompanied the outfit with one of technos old red cloaks, the fur trim tickling his neck.

the two young boys turned to face us. looks of awe on their faces.

"whats wrong- did something happen?" niki questioned, holding her satchel close to her side.

"since when were we getting a carriage to the castle?" tubbo exclaimed, pointing out of the faded glass.

i stepped toward the window, peaking through the two boys who stood near it.

outside stood, what the boys had fussed over, a carriage. the black exterior was flushed with silver painted, wood detailing. a man leaned against the vehicle, holding a letter in his hands.

i nodded to niki and we left the house, the two teens following behind and shutting the door.

the man, upon our arrival, piped up. he looked between me and niki.

"which one of you is niki nihachu?" the tall man ran his free hand through his green hair, ruffling it slightly.

"i am."

"ah-" he exclaimed, handing the girl the letter he was holding. "i was told to ask to you read this- ill be your driver to the ball tonight."

niki opened the wax seal on the paper, scanning the contents. a light smile appeared on her face, a tint of pink in her cheeks.

the tall man reached and opened the carriage door, signalling for us to go inside. tubbo and tommy scrambled in, niki and i following.

the boys sat opposite to us, both staring out the back windows. i heard the man mount the carriage as the horses began to trot off.

i pressed my back against the lush velvet seating, turning to niki and smirking.

"another love letter?" i asked as she folded the paper, slipping it into her satchel.

she giggled at this, nodding her head slowly.

"they sent the carriage for us."

tubbo and tommy made commentary on the land around us once we exited l'manburg. both pointing and yelling at random objects like trees and flowers.

after a while of traveling, we grew closer to the smp. tommy made us aware of our proximity to the castle by yelling.

"holy fuck- look at the gates!" tommy had moved from the back window to one of the side windows, pressing his face up against the glass like a toddler.

i gently pulled him back by his shirt collar, giving him a jokingly disappointed look.

the carriage continued, going through a set of tall iron gates, with fine detailing i couldnt make out. we passed through the village, shops and houses decorated the streets.

it was similar to l'manburg, but everything here seemed to be a tad more high class. from what i could see, their roads were paved with stone bricks. lampposts stood every few meters, lanterns hanging from them.

the sky had now changed from a pale purple to a deep navy, almost black. stars began to appear above, adding to the beautiful atmosphere.

we pulled up to the castles main entrance. i peaked out of the window, multiple carriages and horses rode past, each beautifully decorated. guards from the smp stood by the doors to greet the folk of people arriving.

once the carriage came to a halt, the green haired male hopped down from the front and opened one of the doors. the boys piled out, eager to see the inside of the marvellous building. niki and i getting out soon after.

my eyes met dark ones, as the man clad in bronze armour offered his hand for assistance. i graciously took it, exiting the vehicle.

"thank you-" i paused, not knowing his name.

"sam." he smiled, shutting the door behind me.

"thank you sam." he dropped our hands, nodding at me before getting back on the carriage and driving off, whipping the horses reins.

i turned back to niki and the boys. the girl was scanning the area, presumably looking for someone, while the boys gawked at their surroundings.

the large stone castle was decorated with blue banners, lanterns hanging with them.

tommy grabbed my hand, practically dragging me through the double doors. niki and tubbo giggling to themselves.

the entry hall was even more magnificent, it had a warm golden glow to it. the white marbled floor reflected the light fixture that hung above. marble pillars plastered both sides of the hall, baby blue tapestries hung between them.

it felt warm and almost homey.

once the other two caught up, niki began to survey the area yet again, squinting her eyes.

"ah there you lot are."

a/n - ayo the party has started!! how we feeling?? vote n comment <33