twenty five

~*~*~

~*~*~

"do you want me to leave?"

~*~*~

"get out!" hissed regulus as he made his way to james and tried to pull him up but james, being much more stronger than regulus, didn't budge and just grinned and stroked his thumbs up either side of lyra's face, "james, i'm not kidding, you need to get out. how did you even get in?"

"through the window," answered james casually, "i know the little trick to get your house to show."

"fabulous," responded regulus deadpan, "now, please go through it."

it was strange because after a whole day of wishing he was with james, he wished for anything but this scenario. regulus pulled lyra away and then grabbed james' hand and pulled him up successfully, only because james let him.

"you need to go," said regulus as he made his way to the window but before he could open it, james spoke up.

"how was meeting the parents?" asked james, his tone sounded slightly annoyed, but regulus wasn't sure.

"weird. her dad is weird," said regulus, "james, please, before anyone comes up."

"i have this for a reason," said james as he pulled the invisibility cloak from his jacket pocket.

"you stress me out," said regulus as he sat on his bed, he noticed the dark magic book on his nightstand and when james turned his back to look at the music sheets on regulus' desk he shoved it into the nightstand drawer.

"i try," said james with a shrug, "do you write this music?"

"no, i just read it," answered regulus, looking back to his door worriedly and then back to james, "sirius told me that you were planning on breaking up with lily."

"when did he tell you that?"

"i saw him on the train."

"i don't really want to talk about that," said james as he lied down next to regulus while he stayed sat up awkwardly, "it was a bit of a mess because i couldn't exactly tell her why."

"how come?" asked regulus as he looked at james over his shoulder. the bespectacled boy chuckled and placed his hand on regulus back and drew small circles over the fabric of his shirt.

"i thought you were the smart one?" asked james to which regulus knitted his brows.

"because of me?" asked regulus, not realising they were to do that, was regulus now supposed to break things off with summer? he wasn't really ready to be with james openly, considering his family would probably kill him and sirius would probably be angry, "i can't do the same with summer, it's not as easy for me."