21

She's the poison I'm dying to drink.

- Perry Poetry
-

Edward's plan had worked. He had in fact raised Aris's standards, to where now Clay was no longer even on her radar. He was right, why should she settle for a human when she could have an immortal who she could live forever with. That being said, she still had yet to find an immortal that she felt attracted to as more than a friend.

Well... with one exception.

However, though she was no longer interested in Clay, that didn't change the fact that she had already agreed to go out with him the next day, and cancelling last minute would just be poor form, no matter how much she didn't want to go.

So there she was, driving to where Clay had instructed her that Saturday night.

From what limited info Aris had gathered from the time she'd spent with Clay in groups and what not, one thing was obvious;

He was fun.

Though he wasn't Edward, I mean, it would be unfair to even try and compare anyone to him, Clay was carefree, fun, and high spirited, something that Aris had yet to see from Edward. Knowing that, Aris could only assume that this date was going to fall into those categories, seeing as she was pulling into the parking lot of what looked to be a building that was just bustling with energy from the inside.

Clay wouldn't tell her what the place was, and he made her promise not to look it up, seeing as the name of the building was very vague and unhelpful with trying to figure out what it was.

The giant brick building was labeled with a huge neon lit sign across the top that you could see from miles away reading: House of Fun (where dreams live on)

'That is so corny.' Aris thought with a chuckle, though she couldn't deny that she was in fact excited. She'd always enjoyed crowded places with lots of energy and people, and from the loud music and noise inside, she could only assume that this place would be no different.

Aris spotted Clay parked a few cars down, stepping out of his Toyota Corolla. She made her way over to him, plastering a smile on her face. She was excited to be there, but not necessarily because of Clay. It was more because she was just excited to have some much needed fun for the first time in awhile.

"Hi Aris!" He beamed once she was close.

"Hey Clay." She smiled, pretending not to notice the awkward hand he was slightly holding out for her to take.

"I know this isn't a fancy dinner or anything like that, but if I'm being honest, I've never been big on those types of things anyways," he confessed as they made their way towards the building across the parking lot, "and I know the last time we went on a date, it was to dinner, so I thought we'd change it up this time." He opened the door for her, letting her step through into the busy atmosphere.

The whole inside was chaotic, but in the best way possible. On one side of the ginormous room was a big roller rink, already filled with several couples and friends taking it away to the music. On the other side was an arcade and bar, also crowded with adults and teenagers of all ages, talking, partying, running around, etc.

This atmosphere was definitely not for everyone, but it sure was for Aris.

"Clay, this is awesome!" She exclaimed, meeting his piercing green eyes, "I was wondering why you were having us drive so far out of town, but it totally makes sense now. If there was a place like this near home, I'd be at it every weekend." Her voice was loud, desperately trying to talk over the booming music. Clay's smile lit up his face, glad that this was a success.