29

The next couple of days passed in a flash. It was almost difficult to pinpoint the passage of time between spending it in the studio and then returning to the apartment to eat and sleep. Even with only Yoongi and Jungkook participating in this collaboration it was obvious that there was an extra comfort in numbers which naturally had us staying with them and hanging out all day.

I wasn't complaining, the space was big enough for us all, I got to listen to Jungkook and Yoongi's beautiful voices on loud speakers. There was an added excitement with communicating through the soulmate bond to not speak over the recording that made me feel like I was a part of an exclusive club. The managers and friends of the artist only saw five Korean men and an American girl looking at one another while making facial expressions towards each other.

The artist I found out was called PiBlo, he was a singer songwriter Jungkook had found online and fallen in love with. Namjoon even said that if he hadn't known Jungkook was literally his soulmate he would be worried about the potential competition for his attention around PiBlo.

I wasn't completely sure Namjoon had gotten over his slight jealousy though because after the initial meeting he had been glued to Jungkook's side whenever he was around PiBlo and when Jungkook was singing, Namjoon would stand behind the songwriter, towering over him in order to not so subtly send a message to keep his focus on the mixing.

It was nice finding a normalcy in spending time all together like this though, somehow I felt more like I belonged now, like I was one of eight instead of seven plus one. The hesitance almost woven into my thought pattern slowly faded with each thing I did where I managed to not feel like I was just a visitor in this abnormal world of ours. Ours. Not theirs. I needed to remember that. I am also a part of this reality.

The separation between us due to our work life would naturally always be present. But that almost came as a comfort to me, because as long as that was not something I was expected to take a new part in, I could still allow myself to be a fan.

Not a crazy fan of course. The times I did remind myself my soulmates were in fact celebrities, I had to reel in my emotions to make sure they didn't consider me a creepy overly excited fangirl.

So almost as a symbolism for my self I had brought my laptop and my iPad with me into the studio today. It was the third day we'd spent an insane amount of hours here and I felt like I might as well be productive with the time given. I had a couple of work assignments that I had left unfinished when I had taken my unplanned time off, and I hadn't actually thought I'd be wanting to work while I spent time with the guys, but it was a welcomed distraction and something that grounded my mind just enough to make it seem within a certain amount of normal.

I thought back to that last day at the office where I couldn't focus on anything at all, the voices still a muffled mess coming and going inside my head and the butterfly on my arm burning under my clothes. I hadn't gotten anything done. My usual productive self had been a stuttering shivering nervous mess who couldn't even finish an email because she was so distracted and distressed.

Composing a mail to my boss I updated him on how long I thought my break would last and asked if he wanted me to finish the tasks I had started before I left.

An answer to my query came in a couple of minutes and I praised the man's eagerness to answer emails.

*Hannah

I have sent your old assignments to your coworkers for finishing touches. No need to think of them, please enjoy your time off.

I will attach copies of an email I was sent this morning. The customer requested your style in particular so I will wait to give him an answer until you decide if you would like to work with them or not.