4. fairchild estate | fairchild

🎵: dumb // nirvana ( i recommend listening while reading!)
__________________________

a cold breeze hit y/ns folded arms.
"but dad- moms like.. a psychopath." she spoke, taking last-second choices, as she stood beside her father. it was very late at night, and a tired y/n was arguing with her father.

"it will only be a month, sweetheart. a month! your moms babysitting this young girl in this creepy old.. mansion sorta' thing. come on, y/n. for your old pops?" he informed convincingly, raising a hand to his daughters shoulder.

"alright fine. i'm probably gonna be possessed by the 'wicked witch of the west' but i'll be fine, right?" the girl complained, giving in to moving in with her mom.

y/n and her parents were a happy family, until y/n's mom, kate, and her dad, y/d/n, started arguing. they argued over little things, and they decided to break it off.

soon after, kate started babysitting. it was her profession, and she was really good at it. a few years ago, something changed. y/ns mom wasn't herself, she became a psychopath. she kept babysitting, but y/n was a little freaked out by her mother's sudden change - so she moved in with her dad.

y/n and y/d/n were now happy, they lived in a two bedroom apartment in a small town. most of the apartment blocks were empty, but y/n didn't mind. she had a good school, good friends. her mother never really slipped through her mind, until one day everything changed.

y/n, who was sitting in her bedroom listening to nirvana, heard the telephone ringing from the kitchen.

the girl was confused when she didn't hear it stop. normally, her father would answer. but today, he didn't.

she got up from her bed, and made her way out to the kitchen.

y/n picked up the cream colored phone, and answered.

"hello? this is y/n y/l/n speaking." she announced, y/n never answered the phone, but she knew what to say if she ever did.

the poor girl heard deep breathing behind the phone, and she got a little anxious.

"y/n.. its your mother."

y/n's heart skipped a beat, that familiar voice sounded so.. so.. so unusual.

"h- hello, mom." she stuttered, not knowing what was coming next.

"i'd like you to come accompany me here at the fairchild estate, i've been here for a few months, and i think you'd like it." kate told her daughter, who was deadly confused.

"okay, uh. mom, let me ask dad. okay?"

y/n didn't even know how to act. when would she go? where would she go?

she put down the phone, and rushed to her fathers bedroom.

the girl pushed open the bedroom door, and saw her father laying on his bed, reading stephen kings latest novel.

"dad- mom is on the phone, she wants me to go stay with her- i dont know."
y/n blurted anxiously. she watched her fathers expression change, before he sat up off his bed.