Chapter 80 - Goodbyes

"Sister?"

You reach for Loki's hand, holding it desperately in yours as you look back to Thor, who clutches his ribs as he limps up the side of the mountain.

"She...I-I couldn't...," you trail off, looking back at Loki.

Thor's face pales as he sees his brother's body lying motionless on the ground, impaled by Amora's sword.

"Oh...little brother," Thor says weakly, dropping to his knees beside you, cradling Loki's head gently.

You lean forward placing your head on Loki's stomach as you let out a heartbroken wail. 

Thor's hand rests lightly on your back as you both shed tears.

Until you notice the faintest beating sensation.

Gasping, you press your hand firmly to Loki's chest. Searching, you pray that your mind isn't playing tricks on you. You wait, focused on Loki's chest, until you feel it again.

"Thor...Thor he's still got a heartbeat," you say frantically. 

Thor looks to you, the tears in his eyes falling as he puts his hand to Loki's neck, feeling the same faint heartbeat as you.

"Healers, Thor, we have to get him to the healers," you choke out between sobs.

"HEIMDALL!" Thor roars to the sky. "Take us to the palace steps. But be cautious, gatekeeper - you can see Loki's wounds!"

You take hold of Thor and Loki as a the three of you are pulled into Heimdall's bright beam and deposited at the foot of the palace steps.

"HELP!" you scream the moment you land on the ground, looking to Loki's pale, ashen body - the sword still firmly lodged in place.

"HEALERS!" booms Thor's voice as he cradles Loki's head. 

A flurry of activity follows as dozens of palace staff flood down the steps, surrounding Loki's body. Immediately, you hear gasps of shock and horror as the healers assess Loki's wounds. You watch, frozen, as they work together to cover his body in a golden glow and slowly pull the sword from its resting place.

Once free of it, they lift him magically, and begin moving him up the steps towards the healing ward. You follow close behind, but look to Thor, who hesitates on the steps. 

"Thor?" you call out to him, confused.

"I...Sif she's...I can't leave her back there," Thor says, casting torn glances between you and the direction of the forest. 

"Go to her, Thor. Hogun is likely already almost back with healers. Go," you say, before turning and running up the stairs to catch up with Loki.