Christmas

Tw: language

"You're awake." A deep voice echoed. I wanted to scream in alarm, and looked around rapidly.

Then my memories came flooding back to me. This is Dream's room.

I'm laying in Dream's bed.

And he's sitting right there.

"Am I dead, or still dreaming? No pun intended." I stared at the ceiling, still in a daze. He chuckled.

"No, you're awake. Gave me a scare, though."

"Sorry," I muttered, leaning up.

"You were dehydrated, that's why you fainted, most likely." I sighed as I looked around the room. It looked the same as it always looked. Now I glanced down at my watch.

"It's Christmas?" I glanced back up at him.

"It is."

"Oh." A long pause followed. Then I pushed myself up from the bed, almost tripping. He jumped up and ran towards me, catching me. I felt his soft hands sink into my body.

"You okay?" He asked. I nodded slowly.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Butterflies filled my stomach.

Butterflies? No, let's pretend that didn't happen.

He held my arm as he led me down the stairs. The door opened when he stepped on a pressure plate.

"Merry Christmas, Blaze." The door opened, revealing the large storage room. He let go of my arm as I took a few steps forward.

"Thank you." I said. He gave a slight nod, then the door closed.

And just like that, I was alone once again.

As I made my way back to the room, I began to think about how surreal this is. I had a breakdown in front of him! I could've gone to Puffy or even Punz, but at the moment I chose Dream! Dream, of all people?

Why did I feel so safe with him?

He kidnapped me, dammit! He kidnapped me and brought me here to rot...

Or did he bring me here to thrive? To be safe? Because a part of me thinks I'm even more safe here then I was back again.

But why? Why does he care so much about me? Why did he help me, why did he even take me? Why me?

Why me?

My thoughts were interrupted by an abrupt knock at my door. I turned just as it opened.

"Look at that, it's the traitor." I scoffed, looking Eret up and down. "What, lose your crown?" His brown hair was ruffled and messy.

"Why do you hate me so much?" The man walked in without invitation. I rolled my eyes.

"You're an asshole. And you betrayed us. We could've won the war."

"Come on, anyone knows we wouldn't have come out victorious." I bit my tongue. He's right, but I don't want to admit it.

"It's not about that, Eret. L'Manberg will never forgive you." I spat out harshly. He twirled his thumbs in circles nervously.

"I know, but will..." he cleared his throat, looking at me through those deep black sunglasses. "Will you forgive me?"

"You ask the one person who holds grudges on everyone for everything, if they'll forgive you for being a bastard traitor?" He glanced down and nodded. "Maybe I was wrong, you do have balls." A long pause. I was filled with a large amount of pride, knowing I had shut him up.