1:TWENTYEIGHT

▪︎

▪︎

Vienna slowed to a stop as a sudden thought crossed her mind. She hadn't realised it earlier, but the magical object that Sky had described sounded a lot like something Farah had shown her years ago when she had begun to access her powers. A device that could be charged up with magic to aid a fairy who had trouble accessing magic.

"Shit," she swore under her breath as she realised who exactly would benefit from a magical fairy battery. She rapidly shadow-travelled to where Beatrix was being held, stopping just outside the doors due to the wards surrounding the building. To her dismay, she found the two guarding specialists unconscious and slumped against the floor, meaning anyone was free to go inside, and anyone was free to leave. Without a second thought she burst into the room, and was greeted with the sight of a large cage.

A large empty cage.

"You have got to be kidding me," she hissed as she bolted back out of the building and dematerialised again, heading straight for Bloom's suite on the other side of the academy. She quickly materialised into the shared common room and hurried over to each door in an attempt to try and locate the girl.

Unfortunately for Vienna, the suite was completely empty, and she couldn't even locate any of Bloom's friends to question where she could be. The girl sighed and ran her hands down her face, before swiftly going back to her dorm in her shadow form to grab her various blades.

She materialised into her bedroom and quickly moved to the chest of drawers by her bed, haphazardly throwing the bottom drawer open to grab her swords.

"I will never get used to you just appearing from nowhere."

Vienna looked up to find Natia leaning against the doorway, her arms crossed as she smiled down at her.

"Be glad I haven't started scaring you yet," Vie spoke with a soft laugh as she slid her swords into place and stood up straight.

"I didn't see you at training, where were you?" Nat questioned as Vienna walked out of the room and into the shared common area.

"I was helping my dad out with something." She stopped in the doorway leading out of the suite and turned towards her friend. "Listen, you guys should probably arm yourselves."

Nat raised her brow slightly. "Why, what happened?"

"There's something happening near the barrier, and Beatrix has also escaped from where she was being held." Vienna revealed with a frown. "My bet is that Bloom helped her. We'll probably be safe within the school walls anyway, but keep weapons on you just in case."