4;7

Kuvira threatens to take Zaofu by force! After tensions flared between Su Beifong and her former protégé, Korra brokered a truce, but it was too late. Su and her sons were already on their way to put an end to Kuvira. Meanwhile, Bolin and Varrick learned of Kuvira's true tyrannical intent and deserted her army, but they were captured and betrayed by Zhu Li. Now they're being held against their will with the spy duo, Kitty and Jade!

...

"Cookie ... jar ... empty. No ... hot ... towels! Waxy ... buildup!" Varrick mumbles in his sleep. "Zhu Li!"

"Varrick!" I yell at him, startling him awake.

I'm so annoyed. I'm practically in jail again! Zhu Li 'betrayed' us, still confused about that, and Varrick won't stop whining about everything... Oh, and dead Kitty is back. She's just sitting in the corner looking at me. I don't know why she's here, but I have bigger things to worry about right now. We need to get out of here. I don't want to go to Kuvira's 'reeducation' camp.

"Oh ... she really is gone," Varrick says, realization hitting him.

"Shut up," Jade mumbles.

Moments later, Baatar Jr. and two other guards walk over to our cell. I turn away stubbornly. I don't want to look at his ugly face.

"Varrick!" He calls. "Time to go to work."

One of the guards unlocks our cell door. "We have another lab set up for you," Baatar Jr. says. "Kuvira wants the spirit vine weapon operational as soon as possible."

So they hold us hostage, and now they're forcing Varrick to do their dirty work? This is sick!

Can you believe this, dead Kitty?

I know she's just a figment of my imagination, but it's been a rough couple of years for me. I have every right to talk to imaginary dead looking me. I have no idea why my mind is doing this, but I don't ask questions anymore. I've spent years looking for answers, and I never got them. How can I airbend and waterbend? I don't know. Why do I have such a powerful spiritual connection? I don't know. How do I know Zaheer? I don't know. Why was I not good enough for Mako to where he chose my sister over me, even though we've always had a deeper connection than him and Korra ever did? I don't know. All unanswered. Therefore, I am exhausted and done chasing answers.

"Zhu Li always greeted me in the morning with a hot cup of tea," Varrick tells Baatar Jr. as he reminisces dreamily.

"You'll get your tea when you start working."

"I'm really only productive for about fifteen minutes a day, usually in the afternoon around three-forty-five."

The guard glances at Baatar Jr. who nods. The guard slams Varrick roughly into the wall. Was that really necessary? Typical. Letting everyone do your dirty work, Baatar. Because you're too much of a coward to lay a finger on anyone.

If I were an airbending master, he'd be blown off this train by now.

"You'll work now. I want you to show me how the device works."

Thankfully Bolin interrupts their conversation with a yawn. He sits up and rubs his eyes.

"What's goin' on?" He asks tiredly.

"Go back to sleep," Baatar commands. "We only need Varrick. You three will need your energy when you get to the re-education camp."

"I can't be expected to work without an assistant! Without Zhu Li, I'm helpless!" Varrick exclaims.

"One of the guards will be your assistant. I'll be supervising."

"Well, I guess he'll be fine," Varrick says while referring to one of the guards. "As long as he doesn't need his hands afterwards, and I hope he can lift a couple of tons!"