Sunflower vol. 6

Vic

I sat in the chair in front of the mirror as I watched Mackenzie stand behind me with a hair straightener, because she insisted she wanted to see what my normal wavy hair would look like and that she thought it would look "just so pretty" and Harry wouldn't let her near his hair with it. I realized this was going to take much longer than anticipated so I placed my bag on the vanity table in front of me and reached around the back of my neck, I clipping the pearl necklace and slim silver chain I was wearing. The pearls were obviously fake, I bought it at Spencers a couple years ago for a Halloween costume, but they're kinda cute to be completely honest.

"Kenz... it smells like it's burning." I stated and she waved me off and then quickly ran a comb through the straightened strand in her hand a couple of times before letting it settle.

"Oh shut it, let me do this, I know what I'm doing." She retorted and picked up another piece of hair. There was a soft tap at the door and Mackenzie put the iron down and went and opened the door and let Harry in. He walked in smiling as he made his way over to me and stood beside me, looking at each other through the mirror in front of us.

"Ah, I see she wore you down." He said as he leaned in to speak closer to my ear and Kenz swatted at him as she walked back over behind me.

"You're both so pessimistic, let me have my fun." She shot back at Harry and he rolled his eyes dramatically.

"Let me give it a shot then." Harry said as he picked up the iron from the table and hip bumped Mackenzie to take her place behind me.

"Woah woah woah, I'm not trying to have my hair burned off here." I protested as I turned around in my seat, Harry stopped me and pushed me back into my seat and pulled my hair from over my shoulder to let it sit on my back.

"Mackenzie's watching me, I won't mess it up." He said and he grabbed a small piece of my hair and began dragging the iron down the section. I watched him in the mirror as he focused on his task, sticking his tongue out a little as he did. I noticed he does that when he's concentrating on something, it's one of my favorite things he does. I smiled to myself and picked up the camera from my lap holding it up to my eye and adjusting the lense. It was one of my favorite cameras to have on me, my dad gave it to me when I was in 6th grade, he found it at a yard sale. I felt Harry running the comb through my hair as Mackenzie gave him direction, he glanced up to the mirror and I took a picture before he had time to make some stupid face or protest.

He did a few more sections before getting bored and giving up, handing the iron back to Mackenzie for her to finish

He did a few more sections before getting bored and giving up, handing the iron back to Mackenzie for her to finish. He grabbed a beer from the small fridge and pulled a chair over and took a seat beside me twisting the bottle cap off and placing it on the table the mirror rested on, and taking a sip before holding it out to me. I took the bottle and took a quick sip and passed it back to him with an appreciative smile. He came and sat beside me again and leaned back in his seat a bit with his legs open, one pressed against mine. I looked down and took my bottom lip between my teeth for moment before I broke into a subtle smile as I looked up at the mirror to catch him waiting for me to meet his gaze. I turned my head slightly to the right to look at him, he smiled at me with his cheeks tinted pink.