Chapter 36

Hi guys, I have attached links to songs that you can listen to for different parts. If you don't like listening to music while reading then just ignore it!

London Trip pt2

By the time we get to the club, I can feel the alcohol running through my system. I assume it is because I have only eaten those bake goods Draco picked up earlier this morning.

I probably should have had a quick meal before partaking in any drinking games.

The club is hidden behind some streets and looks like it is closed on the outside. When we get to the front of it, there is a sign hanging above reading "Arnolds Library".

"A library?" I question.

No one says anything in response, they all just give me a smile and open the main door of the building. When we walk in, the lights are cut off and the silence is loud.

Blaise leads the way to the back of the tall, crowded room of books and shelves. When we get as far back as possible, I can feel vibration under my feet.

It feels as though the floor has its own heartbeat under my shoes.

Blaise opens a large door in a swift motion to reveal stairs leading all the way down to the basement of the library. The muffled music hits my ears quickly and I now understand that it is no library, it's a speakeasy.

We move down the stairs to be met with another large door; this one is mainly made of steel though.

Draco turns to the left and presses a large red button that signals a loud buzzing noise, like one to signal that someone is at your apartment.

He presses it a couple times as we all patiently wait. Within only a couple seconds the door opens to reveal a dark room with neon lights across the ceiling.

The music is now pounding into my head as we each walk through the door. A man stands tall looking down to each of us. I can see his wand planted in a holster on the side of his body.

I watch as he looks at each of us with daunting eyes. When he meets mine, the gems on my fingers catch the bright lights to blind him a little. His faces falls down to my hands and then back up you me.

"Who owns the broken paragon?" His deep voice calls out to the group.

"I do." Draco answers.

"Keep her in check alright, other than that, you are all good to go in."

With that the group starts to move further into the club. How does he know about the broken paragons? Are there more of them across the world? Was Hogwarts not the only school to be dismembered? This is something I need to keep locked in my mind to come back to later.

I feel a hand tug at my wrist, I see Daphne pulling me towards the bar of the club, "Come on, let's take a shot!" She yells over the music. I am not feeling particularly up to getting too drunk, because I still don't feel completely safe being in a new city with a new group of people.

Even though my body has rum running through its veins, I don't feel the need to indulge myself with more alcohol.

"Daph, I really don't need anymore!"

"Nonsense! Just one shot I swear." She begs as we walk up to the lit-up bar. I give her a passive look but decide one shot won't do too much harm.

"Fine. Only one."

She claps her hands in excitement and leans over the bar to get the bartenders attention. I feel a couple bodies hit my back side, so I look to see Theo and Draco standing and talking to each other waiting to be severed.