92.

Song of the Chapter: Can You Feel My Heart by Bring Me The Horizon

Malory's POV

      I've always had a hard time grasping the concept of heroes and villains. In most of the books I've read, the villains didn't seem evil. They were just a little more selfish than the hero.

      But then I met my father.

      The pain he caused me was one thing. It was cruel and unnecessary but I accepted it. Every bruise on the inner and outer only made me stronger. And that's all I've ever wanted to be; the strongest in the room.

      But then he killed the one person I needed most through this, that's when everything changed. I started looking at the world differently. I realized that my father is in fact evil and that I would do anything to see him fall.

        Even if that means falling with him.

              "I'm going to kill you, Harry Potter!"

       I keep my focus on the sword in front of me. The tears in my eyes make it hard to see but I know if I walk a few steps I can grab it.

       I look back up to where I last saw Draco, Aary and Blaise standing. They each make eye contact with me in sync, sending a shock into my heart. Memories flash through my mind but for the first time in a while, they're not dark.

           ~                    ~                    ~

        "Mal, don't be ridiculous. You're one of my best friends, I'd take you over them any day."

        I smile up at him and he does the same back. I never take the time to sit back and think about it, but life would be hell without my friends. I can't imagine a world without them; I don't even think I'd still be alive.

      ~                         ~                       ~

          Aary rests her head on my shoulder and sighs.

         "If there's anyone I'd want to go through this with, it's you."

             I smile but I know she can't see me.

                    "I love you."

      She pulls away and twirls my hair between her fingers. "I love you too."

           ~                        ~                         ~

      A memory with Draco pops into my mind and I force my eyes open. Not because it's a bad one but because if I relive it, I'll never be able to let go.

         "Look through the telescope at the little nightlights in the sky, Mal."

        As I push my way towards the sword the words replay in my head over and over like a broken record. Draco's voice keeps me calm but it also brings me pain.

         Chaos continues all around me but I block it all out. The only thing that grabs my attention is my father turning towards me with a terrified expression. He knows what I'm trying to do.

                            "No." He growls.

      He stops trying to search for Harry and ignores every single one of his followers coming towards him. While I move closer to the sword he charges at me with more fury than ever before.

           "Malory," He hisses. "Malory I will kill every single one of your friends! I will kill them the same way I killed Severus!"

      All at once, my hands latch onto the handle of the sword and my father's nails dig into my arm. He spins me around so quickly that I lose my balance but my grip on the sword doesn't budge.

       I try to fight back my sobs but they pour out of me as my father and I stand face to face. I haven't looked into his eyes in ages and now that I'm doing so I realize for years that's all I remembered about him.

      For years I had convinced myself that he was something different, I created a fantasy in my mind. And I know it's not reality but-

               "Give it to me." He begs.

          I stop fighting for a moment.

        "D-Do you," I swallow my tears. "Do you love me?"

      I wait to see a new side of him, the side that I built inside my head. And just when I think I'm about to see it, he tries to take the sword out of my hands.

       But he's too weak to pull it away. So as I force it towards me the end flies backwards and hits me directly in the stomach. It's only a small pinch so I don't think much of it, but then I notice my father staring down in fear.

          And then I feel the blood filling my throat.