Chapter 17 - Quirks

A/N Fixed the thing in the last chapter where people address Midoriya by his last name rather than by Izuku.

---------------------------

There was complete and utter silence as the reality of the situation sunk into everyone.

"Wait... you're actually quirkless? Like... deadass? No quirk?" Kaminari stammered out.

"Yep!" Midoriya grinned, popping the "p", a smirk still plastered all over his face, and Bakugou just shook his head, "No shit, Pichu knock-off!"

"You got something against him?" Akaguro glared at Kaminari, and the electric blonde just shook his head, "No, no... that's actually really amazing, if you think about it! Being able to fight us without a quirk..."

Midoriya raised an eyebrow, "You're saying that quirkless people should be weaker than those with quirks?"

It was clear that Midoriya's words had hit home, and the whole place turned silent, an awkward silence falling over everyone in the cafeteria.

"That's not... what I mean..." Kaminari stammered, trying to turn his thoughts into words, but clearly failing at that aspect. Midoriya just sighed, and shook his head, before standing up, "I honestly don't really care about what you think of me. Whether I'm a lesser being than you, whether I'm a completely anomaly, or even if my existence is a complete and utter mistake in this society."

Midoriya's last few words were spoken with so much venom, with so much hatred glowing from his emerald green orbs, such a sharp contrast to the warm, kind look in his eyes that the Hero course students, and even some teachers who were in the cafeteria, had to wonder, just what had happened to the green haired boy in the past.

The greenette grabbed his cup, and swiftly made his way to Lunch Rush, coming back a minute later with a new cup of coffee.

"Hey, Izuku, if you could choose, what kind of quirk would you want." Ashido asked, breaking the silence, and Midoriya let a cocky smirk slip onto his face, "I don't ever want to have a quirk."

Noticing the confused look on his friends' faces, Midoriya glanced up at them, "No offence to all of you, but quirks are literally not helping this world at all. Quirks are the bane of our society. Not having a quirk gives me freedom to do whatever I want, without the risk of breaking the law. Quirks are merely a hindrance."

After a few more minutes of suffocating silence filling the cafeteria, Midoriya finally stood up again, having finished his coffee. He brought the cup to the cleaning rack, before he walked back to the table, grabbing Akaguro by the back of his collar, before dragging him out of UA, "You're coming with me."

---------------------------

Midoriya pushed the front door to the cafe open, only to find Eri and Kota sitting at a table, doodling, while Dabi sat next to them. There were several customers in the cafe, but it seemed like Dabi had already served them their drinks, and the black haired man was just fooling around with the two kids until more customers arrived.

Dabi raised his head when he heard the door open, and saw Midoriya walk in, with Akaguro right behind him.

"Hey!" Dabi waved his hand slowly, and Midoriya nodded, walking over to him, dragging the former Hero Killer behind him. That seemed to catch Eri and Kota's attention, and the duo raised their heads, turning to the greenette with a huge smile on their faces.

"Who's that?" Dabi asked, gesturing to the more muscular black haired man, and Midoriya just smiled, "Dabi, Eri, Kota, meet Akaguro Chizome, also known as the Hero Killer."