Sick - Belphie

A/n: This was the original draft for "Wilt". I never got rid of it because I wrote too much so there's going to be some similarities and spoilers for lesson 16

It had been a few weeks since Belphie "killed" you. Though things settled down, you were still tense around Belphie at times. Especially when you two were alone. You just couldn't shake the anxious feeling you'd get whenever you were around him.

But you did your best to push that aside and stay friendly with the sleepy demon.

Even though Belphie never pointed it out, he knew you were still a little intimidated of him. And it was eating him up inside.

This morning, you woke up with a headache. You felt like you were coming down with something, but then again it could just be because you couldn't sleep well again. The nightmares you'd have about that day would make you stay up for hours on end.

You got up and joined the brothers for breakfast, feeling a bit worst than before.

"Y/n...? Y/n! Anybody there?" Mammon waved his hand in front of you.

"H-Huh?" You quickly snapped your attention towards him.

"I said are you okay? Ya don't look so good." Mammon said.

"Yeah, you look a little worse for wear." Asmo frowned

"Gee thanks, Asmo." You grumbled.

"Were you able to sleep last night?" Satan asked.

Your eyes darted towards Belphie for a second. His eyes widened for a moment, knowing you had a nightmare about him killing you again. How could he tell? Because he had one too. He slumped down a bit, feeling guilt bubbling up in his chest.

"N-No not really. But I'm sure I'll be fine later on. Maybe I just need some food and water, you know?" You said as you took a bite of your breakfast.

"Well, if you aren't feeling well later on, don't hesitate to tell one of us, okay?" Lucifer said. You thanked him and continued to eat your breakfast.

Belphie hesitantly watched you walk out of the kitchen. He wanted to reach out talk to you but he was rather nervous to say anything. Belphie just clenched his fists and called your name.

"Y-Y/n wait up!" Belphie cringed a bit, afraid he was going to startle you.

"Are you sure you're doing okay? You don't have to go if you aren't feeling well." Belphie said.

"Oh...I'm doing fine. You don't need to worry about me." You said.

Belphie frowned a bit, unsure that you were telling the truth.

"May I...?" Belphie slowly raised his hand, trying to show he didn't mean any harm.

He then gently placed his hand on your forehead. It sent shocks down your spine. You knew he was just trying to check your temperature, but you couldn't help but feel nervous. He then moved his hand to your cheek and frowned a bit.

"Hm...you're a little warm. Why don't I walk with you to school? I want to make sure you get there just fine." Belphie said.

"Okay...I don't mind." You said.

"Then let's get going, we don't want to be late." Belphie smiled faintly.

While at school, Belphie did his absolute best to stay up and keep an eye on you. He would often ask if you were okay or if you needed help with anything.

"Y/n! How are you feeling?"

"Any signs of a fever?"

"Has anyone bothered you?"