Chapter 22 - Family Festival (Pt3)

TW:

None

---------------

"Hey, Tommy why's your mom coming over here?" Tubbo asked tilting his head in curiosity. Drista looked up from where she was gluing the cups meant for the 'Knock 'Em Down' game together.

"That's your mom? You look kinda like her," Drista said getting up and stretching from her previous crouched position "She looks a bit mad though, she isn't one for chaos?"

"She doesn't have legal custody of me," Tommy said with a shrug "Actually- your brother does technically,"

"HOLD UP ARE YOU MY NEPHEW?!" Drista screamed making Tubbo burst out laughing.

"WHAT NO?!" Tommy yelled back indignantly. Drista and Tommy continued to bicker as Helen reached them, Tubbo now noticing that she was dragging Schlatt behind her.

'Oh she must not be pleased that Schlatt exiled Tommy,' Tubbo thought grimacing.

"Thoma- Tommy, would you mind coming and having a chat with me and Schlatt, only if you're comfortable," she smiled kindly, an improvement from the last time seeing as she consciously stopped herself from calling Tommy 'Thomas'.

"I uh-" Tommy glanced worriedly between Helen and Schlatt before looking at the ground. Tubbo noticed how he began to become uncomfortable and opened his mouth to step in but was cut off by the arrival of Wilbur (who had apparently split off from Niki).

"Hello Schlatt," Wilbur said nodding stiffly to the president of Manburg "And you as well Helen, what brings you over to these hell-bringers," Wilbur tilted his head to the side.

"Well, I and Schlatt used to know each other," Helen said her face twisted into a small, obviously fake, smile "And by this extent, he knew Tommy as well,"

Wilbur's eyes widened a fraction, if Schlatt used to know Helen and Tommy was he... it was possible, but best not to jump to conclusions.

"Ohhhhh Tommy you know Schlatt?" Tubbo said turning to look at Tommy who nodded stiffly "Anywho, c'mon Drista! Adults are talking now and we aren't done!" this time Tubbo lead the charge grabbing both Drista and Tommy's wrists dragging them away.

"That works in our favor I suppose," mused Wilbur gazing after them "Helen, me Phil, and Techno actually wanted to inform you about something regarding Tommy," Wilbur said motioning to where Phil and Techno were talking, "I suppose Schlatt can come along if he wants, he'll probably hear about it through Tubbo anyways."

There they were. The seeds of doubt Schlatt planted beginning to sprout. The president could barely hold back a grin. He exiled only Tommy and Wilbur for a reason. Niki was being held here, but Tubbo? Tubbo was in a seat of power, how could someone like that be trustworthy to Wilbur any longer?

"Oh it's not an issue really," Helen smiled "I didn't mean to make Tommy uncomfortable..." she gazed at the ground dejectedly "I'm trying to get better but I'm still so bad at knowing what's good for him..."

Wilbur flashed her a sympathetic look as he led them over to Phil and Techno. The two looked up as they drew nearer Phil shooting Wilbur an excited grin and Techno blinking calmly.

"Schlatt, this is Phil and Techno, my father and brother. I don't believe you have met them yet," Wilbur said motioning to the pinkette and blonde.

"I would say it's a pleasure but I do hold a slight grudge against you for exiling my sons," Phil said while he and Schlatt exchanged a tense handshake. 

"You are mistaken," Schlatt said sweetly, his voice dripping like honey "I merely exiled Wilbur, Techno is free to come and visit anytime!"

Phil held his gaze with what could only be described as a resting bitch face.

"I repeat, for exiling my sons," Phil said finally breaking his gaze with Schlatt and moving it to Helen where he gave a small smile "That's what I wished to talk about actually,"

Helen lifted her hands to cover her mouth eyes tearing up "Are- you're adopting Tommy?" she moved her hands as not to muffle her voice, she was grinning widely "That's amazing! I was such a horrible mother- and Schlatt was such a horrible father, he could have a regular family!" Techno tensed as she mentioned Schlatt being Tommy's father. Both Wilbur and Phil's eyes widened significantly, Helen continued not noticing the reactions "I've seen you and Tommy interacting!" she rushed over to Wilbur clasping his hands in her own "You'll be such a wonderful brother to him! Thank you, thank you!" tears slipping down her face she was still grinning widely.

"I- thank you," Wilbur said gently smiling "But- could you get back to what you just said? About Schlatt being Tommy's father?" Phil nodded eyebrows furrowed.

"Oh- yes I wanted to speak to you about that," Helen said the smile dropping off her face as she let go of Wilbur and turning to Techno "You're famous for your skills at fighting right?" Techno nodded unsure what this was leading to "I know I'm not Tommy's legal mother anymore, but please promise me you will protect him," before Techno could even respond she turned back to Wilbur "And Wilbur, please promise me you will keep Tommy away from Schlatt," she said disregarding that Schlatt was still standing with the group.

The brothers blinked stunned for a second before Phil spoke up "It's refreshing to see you acting like a mother for once," Phil mused "But I can also promise you something else. If everything gets too much, if it's too dangerous here, I will take Tommy back to the Antarctic Empire."

Helen nodded her thanks before turning to Techno with a questioning look.

"I..." Techno looked thoughtful for a moment before nodding "I promise to protect Tommy," Helen smiled softly before dropping the expression and turning to Wilbur.

"I will keep him away from Schlatt," Wilbur vowed shooting a dirty look at Schlatt. He hadn't liked the man before this but after learning that Schlatt was Tommy's father he knew he despised the man.

"Thank you," Helen said her voice halfway between a whisper and sigh.

(I apologize for taking such a long break, should be updating more frequently. This is the finale of the Family Festival arc. Be aware I will do timeskips often, assume that during these timeskips the canon events happened unless I explicitly say otherwise.)