Chapter 36

Chapter 36

Tyler was waiting, sitting on the porch like an obedient child when we drove up to his friend's house.

Josh honked twice and he ran up to the car, trying to escape from the rain and slid in the backseat.

"Hellooo booooys," Tyler said a little too creepily.

Josh laughed and started to drive away.

"I'm going to have to call the sister, tell her she won't need to pick me up," Tyler said.

"Tell her you're doing a slumber party, I have no idea when we'll be done," I told him. Maybe one day I would have to apologize to his sister for being a bad influence. I was kinda taking him to vandalize public properties after all.

"Sexy, I like it. Should I tell her I'm with you, or keep this sensual outing to myself?" Tyler asked.

"This child is unhinged Blake, watch him," Josh said, chuckling.

"Yeah, this is going to get weird pretty fast, I can fell it," I replied.

Josh laughed again, while Tyler just ignored me, his phone against his ear, "Yo, no need to come pick me up, I'll be staying at Landon's. I cannot leave this Assassin's Creed game, absolutely cannot." He waited for a second for her answer. "Yeah, thanks, have fun being useless at home."

"That wasn't nice," I told him after he had hung up.

Tyler was unfazed. "She's probably in sweat pants listening to vinyls, eating something with way too much sugar, instead of doing anything productive. She's being useless at home. I'm just stating facts."

"You heard the man insult your gurlfriiiiend, shouldn't you argue with him now?" Josh asked grinning evilly.

"Well, I can't technically argue with anything he just said," I unfortunately admitted. Because with what I knew of her, that definitely made sense.

"So, what's the plan? Are we eloping?" Tyler asked, excitedly.

"If anyone is eloping with Blake, it's going to be me," Josh replied, glaring at him through the rear-view mirror.

Tyler made a judgy face. "I don't you, you kinda smell like the obsessive first girlfriend in romantic comedies, and I'm like the new clueless girl, that just gets the male lead, but like gets him. Also, magic vay-jay-jay."

Yeah, maybe it had been a bad idea to put these two in the same car...

"One more word out of your filthy mouth and I kick you to the curb," Josh shot back, while I just tried not to laugh.

"BLAKINAAAA SAVE ME," Tyler yelled in the most high-pitch voice I had ever heard, while he clung to the back of my seat.

Josh abruptly stepped on the break, the car coming to a screeching stop. "What the fuuuuuuuuck?"

"BLAKINAAAAAAAA," Tyler screeched again, like some kind of feral bird-dinosaur.

I just kind of curled up on my seat, protecting my ears. "Y'ALL NEED TO CHILL!"

"Fiiiiiine," Tyler said, "But honestly, what are we doing?"

"We're going to do graffiti on a billboard," I told him.

Tyler scoffed. "Are you serious? You want us to go paint on a billboard while it's raining outside? Just so y'all know, my artistic talents stop at drawing stick figures with big dongs in bathroom stalls."

"You're the one that draw those?" I asked. There were dozens of stick figures with dongs in the boy's bathrooms, all with talk bubbles with ridiculous things written in them. I shouldn't be surprised he was the one doing them.