~ 12 ~

Maya's Pov:

Maya's Pov:

I opened my eyes and looked around. There is nothing around me, and it is pitch black everywhere. I couldn't even find a single trace of light. For a moment, I felt my body go numb. How did I come here in the first place? I was talking with Sravya and arranging my clothes. After that, I didn't remember anything. A chill ran down my spine as the cool breeze touched me. This darkness is scaring me. It is the same darkness that used to give me solace and warmth every time. But this time, something is strange. I closed my eyes and opened them with the hope that I would vanish from this place, but I was in the same place.

I clutched the hem of my dupatta tightly in my fists. I got up from the bed and started walking slowly forward with careful steps. I was walking when I heard some feeble voices out of nowhere. I moved forward so that I could hear the voices clearly. I was numb when I listened to what the voices were saying. I closed my ears tightly with my hands and started running so that I could escape from them. I ran until those voices stopped.

I stopped running and sat down, trying to catch my breath. I felt someone beside me. I couldn't see the face because of the darkness. Suddenly, that person started touching me in an inappropriate way. By the touch, I can say that it's a man. I tried pushing his hands away. I was feeling weak. But why am I feeling weak all of a sudden? I was pushing his hands away from me and moving away from him, but that man didn't budge and kept on touching my feminine parts. I felt as if leeches were crawling on my skin. I gathered all my energy and gave him a tight slap, then stood up and started running again as far as I could. I ran until my whole body gave up. I want to escape from here. My head started to spin, and everything around me became blurry. For the first time, I couldn't find warmth in the dark.

************************

I felt someone shaking me, and I opened my eyes to witness Avi looking at me with worry. I looked around. I was in our room. That means whatever happened was a dream. That's the worst nightmare I have had to date. I sighed. I needed a warm shower badly to calm my nerves, and I could still feel that man's disgusting touches. I looked at Avi. He was looking at me, tense.

"Are you okay, bunny?" He asked me with concern.

I looked at him, who was looking at me with tension. He had frowns on his forehead.

I gave him a small smile and said, "Yeah, don't worry. I'm fine."

I don't want him to suffer unnecessary stress.

"I can see how fine you are. Do you know how I felt when I came to our room and saw you lying lifelessly on our bed? I tried to wake you up many times, but you were not responding. I felt like my world had shattered." His voice cracked at the end.

I hugged him tightly, assuring him and myself that I was safe and fine. He is my peace and my home, and like a stupid person, I have been escaping from him for the past few years, even after knowing how much I mean to him. I closed my eyes, feeling the moment.