EXECUTION

My eyes opened to the sound of an annoying alarm beeping in the background.

The covers felt heavier for some reason.

I closed my eyes in exhaustion as I slowly dragged my feet off the bed. Joslyn slept soundly through the alarm. It might as well be non-existent.

My books were piled in a heap at the window, which covered the view of the quidditch field. I could see the line of the soft horizon and raindrops starting to fall.

The raindrops tapped timidly on the roofs further ahead, including the astronomy tower further away.

My thoughts immediately drifted to Draco. What's wrong with his arm? When I got back, I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

As I slowly got dressed, I went over to Joslyn and shook her lightly.

Her face scrunched up tightly and turned away.

I shook her again, but slightly harder.

"Joslyn!"

"Mhhhhhh..."

"JOSLYN!"

Her eyes opened in surprise.

"Get up!"

____________________________________

We started to walk down the stairs and made our way into the lunch hall. The tables were filled with waffles and pancakes whilst I smelt bacon and eggs in the air.

As we walked down the steps, my stomach rumbled just by hearing the knives and forks clatter on the plates.

I look over at Joslyn and we shared a laugh or two. I stopped by the wall to look at my satchel next to me, going through the books that I need today. My wand was packed tightly in the side pocket and my jumper rested neatly in the bag.

Defence against the dark arts book, Herbology ingredients and instructions, my OWL's books.

My face started to fall as I was rummaging my hands through the bottom of the bag.

Where the fuck is my quill?

"Wheres my quill?" I questioned aggressively.

"Jennifer, we can get your quill after breakfast, it's almost over."

Yes, I was tempted by the waffles and the smell of bacon and eggs, but I'd rather not eat for the moment than have detention with Umbitch-Umbridge.

I hear familiar voices around the corner, gradually becoming louder.

"Okay," I sighed, "I'll be five minutes, and put a couple of things on my plate."

I quickly scurry away, as Joslyn shouts back.

"What do you want?" She shrieked.

I look around in embarrassment, rolling my eyes at her.

"Anything."

She rolled her eyes and walked away.

Okay, I deserve that.

"Hey! Look who it is!" A tall guy blurts out.

I narrow my eyes as Cedric and Flynn walk behind him.

"Come on Dean, relax," Cedric yells after him.