75

SEOKJIN POV

"Wait! Namjoon!" I yelled as I looked at his body that was carried to the ambulance.

"Stay back! You'll get hurt, CEO Kim," the police said and I tsked before grabbing Youngyeon's arm.

"We need to go after Namjoon!" I told her before dragging her towards the car where it was parked.

In the distance, Jungkook was calling the company, telling them about the news with Sunyoo as she went to talk with the police.

I took Youngyeon with me as we made our way to the car, I opened the car door, getting in the driver's seat, and as she seated herself in the passenger's seat, I began to groan loudly, squeezing my eyes shut as I slammed my head on the wheel.

"Seokjin.... I'm sure Namjoon will be fine. We just need to go check up on him," she smiled as she patted my back, and I raised my head to look up at him before sighing.

"No... it's just that I'm sorry that all this shit is happening and it's our first meeting in so long. Plus, Namjoon is hurt and he also just came back from America," I sighed.

"We didn't expect these things, Seokjin. It's better if we just check on Namjoon first. His health is the most important here right now," she replied and I nodded before turning the engine on, and making our way to follow the ambulance that took Namjoon.

TAEHYUNG POV

"Was I... foolish all along?" I asked as I slowly walked inside the burnt house that my mom was living in. It was small and fit for only one person, and I guess she might have been living here ever since she retired from Dad's death.

"You're not. It's not wrong to be careful. You thought of second choices, and what would happen so she would live a good life," Yoongi replied as he stood along the caution sign the police placed in, but I walked through it.

"But still, all I wanted was for her to forget about her foolish son, that same person who doubted her, who would've made her hate her life, I didn't deserve her in the first place," I sighed as I walked along the burnt areas, looking down.

As I looked down at the burnt floor, my eyes trailed to the broken glass and broken pieces of materials, and my eyes lit up a bit as I looked at what it lead to.

It was a picture of me and mom. Our firs picture as a family. And it was only just the two of us. She looked so young in the picture, and I looked like I was 4 years there.

"I loved her so much. She was the only person who understood me, and knew why I'm doing this. She's the only person who knew... my pain," I sighed before looking around, my eyes darting at the half-burnt photos of me and mom that she had all around the house.

So... she never forgot about me.

I was mistaken.

Maybe God did give me someone to believe in me.

As I was about to turn back, I heard a small sound from below.

And I looked down, observing it.

SEOKJIN POV

"CEO Kim, in regards to your brother's injuries, he will be fine. But, he will be dealing with a huge burn he got in his left chest going to his left hip. Luckily, his face was only bleeding with open wounds," the doctor explained and I nodded as Youngyeon stood beside me.

"We would also like to visit Mr. Kim as soon as he's okay, please inform us, and we'll surely pay you a big bonus," she smiled and the doctor bowed before returning to the room where Namjoon was.