Chapter 2

Faded (Where are you now) - Alan Walker

KACELY

"I'm such an idiot" I mouth to myself as I head towards the stairs.

I should have known better. I hit her at her most sensitive spot. I don't even know what I was thinking, it just happened. Right now, she's weak and angry with just reason while I have no excuse whatsoever. To be honest I didn't know I had those words inside me, I never thought I could mouth them out and worse at a time like this.

I take out my phone and consider calling her one last time. To try apologizing but I know she won't pick up. Maybe this is what she needs, to be alone so she can heal.

"How is she doing?" Sui asks me when I get downstairs and I shrug before going out the building all together.

Henry won't talk to me and my girlfriend won't talk to me either. Great.
Mock starts on Monday, so she'll probably show up. I'll talk to her then, maybe then she'll listen to me. She has to.

We're eight minutes away from starting the first paper for the day: Chemistry, yet Az isn't here. Her seat is empty and I wonder if she'll show up at all.

The invigilator walks in and starts distributing the answer sheets while I keep starring at the door. Maybe she just arrived and she's in the hallway or something.

"Kace! Kacely!" A voice calls and I look left to see Fusi. "I never jarr eh, abeg help a G out" ( jarr- read) he pleads and I nod but then madam Ndim walks in the hall and everyone starts mumbling while Fusi carries his hands on his head.

"Of all invigilators" Rykiel whines and rolls her eyes.

"🎶Ekuweme, Ekuweme,
Ekuweme, Ekuweme...
You are the living God oh
Eze no one like you.
Ekuwe...🎶"

"Fusi be quiet!" Madam Ndim interrupts his singing and everyone starts laughing, except me.

"So local man cannot pray again?" he sighs.

"Now is not the time to pray." Madam Ndim says "If you know, you know... If you don't know, you don't know. You want to cheat so that you'll disgrace us during the GCE proper. Rubbish."

I ignore them and fill in the box for personal information and then look towards the door with the hope that Azinwi will walk in but she still doesn't.

"Who sits here?" Madam Ndim asks when she arrives Az's locker while distributing the questions papers.

"Azinwi" the next guy says

"Ollenu!"

"Madam..." I answer

"Where's Ntonifor ?" She questions with her hand on her waist and a few students look at me.

"I... I don't know ma'am"

"But is she alright?"

"I really don't know" I reply

"If you don't know then who will know?" She asks and Bryana glances at me. "Anyways, I'll call her grandfather after this, maybe she's ill. She might be stubborn but she's not the type to miss exams."

We write in silence under Madam Ndim's close supervision and during the course of the exams, I keep glancing at the door with the hope that she'll walk in.

Paper one, nothing
Paper two, nothing
Break time, nothing
Paper three, nothing!

Immediately I drop my pen, I hurry out of class and straight for the safehouse.
I keep trying her phone eventhough I know she won't pick up my calls. I've been having an eerie feeling within me for some time now and I really hope she's ok.