Chapter 14 New and Improved

The Dakotas, Washington, and York were in the locker room, the female of the four pacing back and forth.

South: What?! This is bullshit!

North: South! Calm down.

South: CALM DOWN?! That's easy for you to say! You already have an AI, who the FUCK is she to take away our place.

Washington: Our turn will come. They've already put me back on the list for-

South stomped up to him making him back up!

South: WHAT?!

She kicked a bench over in rage!

York: You ever notice how every time you open your mouth, you make things worse?

Washington: *whispers* Sorry.

South: And TWO AI?! Why is she so special?! What's so special about either of them?!

Her fist slammed into a locker and made it fling open, a piece of it falling to the ground. No one noticed the arrival of a fifth Freelancer. . .

Texas: Pick it up.

York: What are you doing in here? You never come in here.

Texas: I've come for Carolina. Pick it up.

The two women glared at one another before South leaned down and lifted a piece of metal, shoving it into Texas's chest before storming out of the room, punching the panel to open the door.

North: I-I should probably, uh. . . I better go.

He walked after his sister.

Texas: Where is she?

York: Look, Texas, I don't know if you're looking for a fight, or whatever is it you want, but now's really not the time. Carolina just went into surgery.

The black-armored freelancer looked into the open locker, picking up dog tags. . .

York: We don't know when she'll be out, so we're heading over to recovery to wait for her.

Washington: Yeah, Recovery One.

York: Maybe you should come with us.

Texas grasped the tags tightly. . .

York: Let's go. You coming, Texas?

Texas: Yeah, go on York. I'm right behind ya.

York and Wash took their leave as Tex pocketed the dog tags. . . .

*Present Day, 2553*

Tucker: Man, I forgot how freaking lame these bases are.

The Blues had regrouped at their base.

Kaikaina: I can't throw any raves at this one. *sighs* Its not the same as Blood Gulch.

Tucker: Is it bad that I actually kinda miss that place?

Caboose: Yes! These bases are way cooler! It's like a home away from home, that we can't ever get away from.

Tucker: It's the same shit as last time, two bases in the middle of a box canyon.

Caboose: But one side has a wall and the other is an endless supply of water.

Kaikaina: I had an endless supply of water back at the old base.

Tucker: Really?

Kaikaina: Yeah, until Ruby threw away my vibrator.

Tucker: Ohhh. . . Wait what?!