31

Maya's POV

Art went fast, mainly because I was having a mini karaoke session with Sarah. Her dad text her to say that my mother somehow cancelled her audition as she couldn't get off work anymore which slightly made me relax more.

Last period was history with Matthews. Apparently he had a surprise announcement and I swear if it was a test I wanna gonna walk myself straight out of school because I was so tired as I was up all night texting Josh.

I was late to class as I had to go take my sketch book to my locker and everyone was already sat in their seats. Riley had the strangest smirk on her face which made me furrow my eyebrows together.

"Maya, you're late." Matthews said.

"I'm sorry, I-" I turned around and my eyes met the eyes of another Matthews guy.

"Just take a seat so I can get on with this announcement." I nodded and sat down.

"Did you know?" I mouthed to Riley.

"No." She mouthed back.

"Right. Most of you came to the Ski Lodge last year and we're doing another trip similar - we're going camping upstate." He clenched his teeth together obviously nervous. "You all that went on this trip will remember my brother Josh, well he will be a chaperone again, so no funny business."

Camping, with Josh. Interesting.

"Boys and Girls tents will be separated and if you identify as non binary go to which ever side your friends are or you feel most comfortable sleeping in." Matthews said. He then carried on with the lesson and I couldn't even tell you what it was about because all I could think of was that Josh was stood at the back of the lesson and I couldn't even walk up and hug him.

The lesson dragged and dragged until the bell signalled we could finally go home for the day. I told Riley I'd meet her outside and she knew why. Everyone left the room, including Mr Matthews as he had a staff meeting, leaving Josh and I alone.

"Well hello." I turned and smirked at him.

"Well hello." He smirked back and came slowly towards me. I couldn't wait any longer so I quickly got up and wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him.

He lifted me up and I wrapped my legs around him then he sat me on the teachers desk while I tugged on his hair.

I pulled him closer but we suddenly jumped a part as the door flew open. I stood in front of the desk and felt my chest rising and falling at a quick pace while Josh stood a few feet away from me.

"Hello Maya, hello Harry." I bit my swollen lip trying not the snigger and Josh just seemed confused. Farkle was a genius and it didn't even take a genius to figure out that Josh and I were making out in here.

"Farkle, I-"

"Does Riley know?" He asked.

"Yes, but no one else does so please don't tell anyone." I practically begged him.

"Okay, but if you get yourselves caught up in each other when we're camping I'm not covering for you." He did a malicious smile then left.

"Oh my god." I breathed out and ran my hands through my hair.

"Maya-"

"I'll talk to him later. I don't think he'll tell anyone until he's spoke to me."

"I hope so, for the sake of my life." I slightly chuckled.

"I love you." I smiled and pecked his lips.

"I love you too."