46'

𝟒𝟔' 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐇𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐓𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐄𝐲𝐞𝐬

꧁꧂

Wanda stirred her coffee as Klaus and Hayley stormed into the dining room followed by Elijah, Kol, and Rebekah.

"Isn't that the point of a fortress? It does a better job of protecting you when you stay within its walls?" Klaus said to Hayley, displeased.

"OK! We get it. Now, let's just figure out what the hell we're gonna do." Hayley said annoyed. "What I would like to do is take a strong leash-" Klaus started shouting but Elijah cut him off.

"Children, please. Niklaus, your ire is justified. However, Hayley is quite right."  Hayley shrugs and gives Klaus a smug look  "We need to find a new strategy. Freya, if you please..."

"The spell you described, Dahlia calls it "kenning", using proxies to watch her enemies from afar."  Klaus looks at her, half-suspicious, half-curious, and Freya pauses, looking overwhelmed  "But, I've never seen it done on quite this scale." Freya finished.

"Awesome. So, basically every hurricane-chugging, boob-flashing tourist on Bourbon Street is a potential spy." Hayley sighed in frustration.

"I would be able to pin point the spies." Wanda cut in. Klaus looked at the girl in interest, "If they are being used, I could get into their mind see who's the real and who's not." She explained.

"Dahlia's mind barriers aren't something anyone can get through much less someone who claims she isn't even a witch." Freya told her.

Wanda gave the witch a look, "First off, let's make one thing clear. You don't know me, I don't know you. So don't assume what I can or can't do especially when I say, I can get through any mind barrier." she said.

Kol was watching her with a smug smirk that the girl had come to adore.

Freya sighed, giving in. "Fine, but thankfully I also know a bit about Dahlia's magic" She gestures at a tray she has set up that has a silver tea kettle and seven tea cups full of brown liquid on saucers  "This tonic will at least prevent her from using any of us."

Rebekah and Freya reach for the cups.

"Well, come on! This should work like a charm!" Rebekah said to the others. Wanda sighed as she and Kol reached for cup, Hayley and Elijah next.

Elijah held out the seventh cup for Klaus who simply stared at it.

"Niklaus, is there something you wish to contribute?" Elijah said in annoyance. "I prefer biscuits with my tea." Klaus shrugged.

Elijah rolled his eyes and set down the cup.

"Besides, our minds are far too strong to be invaded by kenning spells. So what we experienced was a test. Dahlia is watching to see how we respond to aggression. She's preparing for battle. My guess is sooner, rather than later." Klaus said avoiding the cup.