Chapter 5

Hondo and his two men lead (Y/N) back to their ship. They have important matters to discuss with her, and going back to that cantina did not seem like the greatest idea. The longer (Y/N) remained in the open, the more likely she was to encounter another threat to her life.

The two Weequay men go off to fulfil other tasks, leaving Hondo and (Y/N) seated together around a small table on the ship. In any other situation, this may seem oddly suspicious. When it comes to Hondo Ohnaka, however, (Y/N) knows she's relatively safe. He's a pirate, but he does have loyalty when it comes to her or Obi-Wan Kenobi. 

"Let's cut to the chase," (Y/N) leans forward, resting her elbows on the table. "How did you know I was here?"

Hondo laughs loudly, finding her question amusing. "When I heard my pilot lost his ship to a leather-wearing woman, I had to check the security footage. Imagine my surprise when I saw you! The Falcon has a tracker in it. Did you really think I wouldn't find out that you stole a ship from my crew?" 

In her years on the run from The Empire, (Y/N) has sacrificed many of the morals she once possessed. An example of that is occasionally stealing from others to preserve her own life. Although she is no longer above theft, she did not steal the Millennium Falcon.

"I didn't steal anything. Your slime ball pilot lost it to me in a bet," She argues.

Hondo laughs proudly at this revelation. He has always known how resourceful (Y/N) (Y/L/N) is, though he did not believe this was the reasoning behind her encounter with his crew over a year ago. He thought that the bounty placed on all Jedi was enough to get her to abandon her morals.

"There's the fire I remember!" Hondo beams.

Based on his mannerisms, it is clear that Hondo has some greater purpose for seeking out (Y/N). He may have wanted to find the Millennium Falcon, but she knows that isn't his only reason for the visit to Coruscant.

"You clearly didn't come all this way for nothing," She states.

"Ah, I see you still have your intelligence. That's exactly what I require."

(Y/N) raises an inquisitive eyebrow at him, eager to learn what the great Hondo Ohnaka is scheming. He may be known by most as a drunken pirate, but she knows he is smarter than many give him credit for.

"I need someone to collect my debts," Hondo states.

(Y/N) leans back into her seat and folds her arms across her chest. "You need a bounty hunter?"

"When you put it that way...yes," He responds.

Bounty hunters are something (Y/N) has always resented. Their code would often intervene with the very ideals and values held by The Republic. As such, she and bounty hunters were enemies for a long time.

"Don't you have a crew already?" She questions. "Why do you need me?"

"My crew was disbanded by The Empire not long after you acquired the ship. The great Hondo Ohnaka was cast adrift as a small-time smuggler and enemy of the Empire," He states, as though he is reading a piece of dramatic text.

The actions of Hondo and his crew rarely obeyed the laws set by The Republic. There were many occasions when he put his own self-interest above the general well-being of the people. In those instances, (Y/N) was forced to view him as an enemy. 

Looking at him now, (Y/N) cannot help but feel that he has changed. Perhaps it was losing his status or simply losing his crew. Whatever it is, something sparked a sense of morality in him. He may want her to collect his debts, but she knows he will not expect her to act as his former crew would.