Chapter 42

I woke up after what seemed like a deep sleep, my head pounding as if a million bricks hit my head in full force.

I looked at my surroundings, being clueless as to how am I at Alessandro's apartment.

The last thing I remembered was getting out of my car in front of my apartment to grab Alessandro's present.

And then it hit me.

Man. Intruder. Knife. Him grabbing me by my shoulder. Me passing out.

"Oh my god," I breathed out, unknowingly, because I literally just got nearly murdered.

I looked to see a familiar mop of hair on top of my covered legs.

"Bella?" a voice croaked out.

Alessandro turned his head to look at me, his eyes squinting.

"How are you feeling?" he asked.

"My head hurts," I told him.

He rose up, leaned towards me, and gave me a kiss on the forehead.

"I'm sorry, bella. I really didn't expect this to happen," he said in an apologetic tone.

I smiled, my hand reaching out to cup his cheeks.

"Don't put this on yourself. You can't control peoples' hatred towards you."

"I swear you're the most understanding person ever," he replied, pinching my cheeks.

I tried waking up but instantly fell down, my head feeling dizzy.

"The sedative he injected in you was strong. You will feel dizzy for now, but it'll all be gone after a nap. But before that, let's get you some medicine and food. You okay with that?"

"Yes."

He carefully carried me bridal style and walked out of our room.

"Why didn't you change me?" I asked, realizing I was still wearing yesterday's clothes.

"I figured you'd be uncomfortable if someone had changed you when you're unconscious," he said.

"I think I don't mind if my boyfriend changed me."

"I'll keep that in mind." He chuckled.

Alessandro was shirtless, so naturally, I rested my head against his muscly chest. It felt more like hard rock than a muscle, honestly. He chuckled and nuzzled his nose on my hair.

He placed me on the couch and placed a pillow over my head.

"I'm going to get you an Advil and some breakfast. Do you think you can wait for a minute?"

"Sure," I said, my eyes trailing on his beautiful back as he's walking to the kitchen.

Moments later, he yelled from the kitchen, "Pancakes or cereal?"

"Cereal," I yelled back.

I felt something poking my upper arm. Opening my eyes, Alessandro was there with a glass of water and pills. I took and swallowed the pills, then gulping the water.

"Woah there, easy. Don't want you to choke on it, bella," he said, rubbing my back.

"Now, let's eat breakfast. C'mere." He had his arms out for me.

He had me on his lap and started feeding me slowly.

The heat radiating from his naked torso made me feel cozy, making me nestling myself onto him. He sensed that and held me tighter. This is such a nice feeling, your boyfriend feeding you while surrounded by his warmth.