10- Aren't you an Orphan?

***

***

Aurora woke up on Christmas Day with a mustache.

Scratch that— Aurora unknowingly woke up on Christmas Day with a mustache.

She had to hand it to her friends: she had no idea they could be such brilliant actors. Even Fred and George, who'd gone up to bed before the trio fell asleep walked down the next morning, looked her up and down, and said nothing.

She had been gently shaken awake by The-Boy-Who-Wakes-The-Dead himself, saying, "Come on, Ron's already trying to open presents. Fred, George, and Percy are all waiting for us as well."

She only nodded grumpily, stretched dramatically, and stomped her way over by the roaring fire. She was wearing her old night gown and slippers as she sat down in front of her small pile of presents, right next to Ron's much larger pile. She smiled to the Weasleys and wished them a Merry Christmas.

She had found it fairly odd when Percy looked at her and opened his mouth, about to speak, until George stomped on his foot harshly.

Her haul this year was very few compared to others in the past. She'd gotten a two-way mirror from Draco— he had the other so they could talk to each other through them, a tiny golden ring with a single small pearl on it from Harry, a few Chocolate Frogs from the Weasleys, and a handmade knitted jumper from Ronald's mum.

"Oh my goodness! This is the best, your mum is officially the best," Aurora exclaimed as she looked at her pink jumper. It was made out of a soft baby pink material and a hot pink letter A smacked right in the middle. Ron's ears turned scarlet as she quickly threw it on, followed by Harry's cute little gift on her right hand ring finger.

"It's no problem Rory," Ron said quickly.

She looked down, examining her jumper better before asking jokingly, "Did you tell your mum that I'm super girly or something?"

Ron awkwardly scratched the back of his neck, "Well I told her about my friend named Aurora Malfoy so..."

Oh. So his mum thought Aurora was a spoiled little rich princess. She only smiled reassuringly at Ron before wrapping him in a soft embrace.

"Thank you."

Ron's face turned to match his ears. "Thank me..? My-my mum made it not me! If anything I should be thanking you for the Chudley Cannons jersey you got me!"

She pulled away slightly and said, "Not just for that. I mean thank you for not judging me based off of our families past...animosity towards each other."

Ron looked genuinely touched by her words— that is, until Harold had to ruin the moment by sarcastically saying, rather loudly, "I thought you were disowned?"

Over the course of the break, they had started to jokingly fight with each other with these type of insensitive comments.

She turned around slowly to face Harry and retorted, "Aren't you an orphan?"