Chapter 16: The Supposedly Dead Princess

In an undisclosed location. A man with dark hair, sky blue eyes, and brown complexion walked through the chamber. The ceiling was high above, several lamps and a couple of chandeliers hanging from above. The room was shaped like a dome, with tall pillars serving as its foundations.

The man had requested an urgent meeting with his colleagues, therefore, everyone should already be there when he makes the call. His steps were quick as they echoed in the chamber, his face tense.

In the center of this chamber were five hooded figures waiting for him. These were his servants in the human realm.

The man checked and fixed his appearance before giving orders.

"Make the call."

His servants complied and they held out their hands. They shone, and the next moment, everything in their surroundings changed completely. Several figures of shadow now surrounded them, hiding their true identity if they so wished it to add security in their person.

They were not actually transported to a different place. In fact, they were still in the chamber where they originally were. This was only something akin to an illusion, and the people on the other end of their call could also see them as well as hear.

"What is the purpose of the urgent call?"

The one who spoke first walked forward, choosing to reveal its identity, it was a humanoid covered in fur, two horns sprouting from its head. Its legs and appearance somewhat resemble a goat. The color of its fur was dark purple, and its fierce eyes were of the color of gold. A Satyr.

The man straightened his posture.

"We have a problem."

It was the greatest of problems that they had thought and expected would fix itself. However, everything that had happened was something out of their expectation since they had already expected what should happen. And yet it did not.

"What would that be?"

Spoke a female voice before showing herself. She had a curvy figure with grey complexion which could captivate men with the least of effort. She wore a fit dark clothing with the hood lowered down, her long legs covered in fit and stretchable fabric, and dark boots. Her long silver hair fell down, her dark eyes glared at the man. A Dark Elf.

The man inhaled sharply. He was sure that these fellows of his would not believe him at first. However, he must deliver this invaluable information.

"... The Princess still lives."

"..."

"..."

There was a moment of silence as they processed his words.

"That's absurd!"

"That's impossible."

"How could that be?"

"No one can escape fate!"

"There must be a mistake."

Words of denial came into the man's ears.

"It is true, there is no mistake."

He had to explain.

"First, there was no commotion to the palace nor the capital."

"Could it be that they were hiding it?" the Satyr said.

"I'm not yet done. Second, well, the princess was walking around the palace and the courtyards. Alive and well. I saw it myself."