chapter thirteen

October 31st – Breakfast

The marauders and Nephera had been waiting for Halloween with an almost childish feeling of excitement running through their veins. This year's prank would definitely be memorable, and it would definitely make a lot of people hate them. But, as was tradition, the marauders were throwing their Halloween party in the room of requirement that night to make up for whatever they had inflicted upon the student body during the day.

It had been decided that it should be Nephera and Sirius who should cast the spells, being the only two with knowledge of ancient Greek. Pronunciation in this case was very important, and the five teens did not want to find out what would happen if they messed up while handling this type of ancient magic. At first, they had been shocked when the Slytherin had suggested it, but they'd be lying if they were saying that it wasn't exciting to dabble with it.

After Nephera released the pigs all over the Great Hall, her relationship with Sirius had gone back to what it always was: petty insults and hexes thrown at each other every time they set their eyes on the other person. The other five teens groaned internally every time that happened, and had taken to separating the two as much as they could. The problem was, that the marauders had grown used to having the three of them around, just as much as the three of them had grown used to having the marauders around.

While at first, they had begun to spend some time together for the sake of Tony and Remus, now all the teens had formed attachments and separate friendships with each other, making it hard on all of them whenever Sirius and Nephera argued.

"Oh no," muttered Tony "I don't like that, I don't like that at all."

The other four turned their heads to what their friend was looking at, only to find Sirius entering the room with a deranged smile on his face, and his eyes twinkling with what could only be described as sociopathic mania.

"Padfoot, what did you do?" asked James

"I didn't so anything" shrugged Sirius "Lovely day isn't it?"

"It's still early in the morning," replied Tony "he couldn't have done anything too stupid, right?"

The Ravenclaw's question was answered soon after, when his best friend walked into the room, soaked head to toe with what appeared to be a green slime. On top of that, there seemed to be an ungodly amount of glitter stuck to the aforementioned slime, blinding the students as Nephera walked towards the Gryffindor table, where the other six were sitting at.

"I can't believe I'm about to say this, but I was wrong," cringed Tony "So fucking wrong,"

"You're going to get exactly what's coming for you, Pads, and none of us will stop her." Stated James

To everyone's surprise, however, the girl walked calmly to the table and sat down, grabbing a napkin to clean her hands and her wand before muttering a spell to get rid of the slime.

"How's everyone doing on this fine morning?" she asked, her manic grin almost rivalling Sirius's

"Uh, we're fine, Nephie, are you okay?"

"Of course, Jay, see I can take a joke, unlike some other people," she snapped, although her wide smile never faded "I'm also excited about this morning, do try not to screw it up, Black."

"I don't screw anything up,"

"Except your life and half the Hogwarts population," she retaliated, making Peter choke on his bacon as he tried to conceal a laugh

"Shouldn't you be sitting over there, with the rest of the snakes?"

"And shouldn't you be at a brothel, with the rest of your kind?"