Chapter 26: Adventurers

We continued on, as I walked, I recalled something from the memories of Estelia. To be precise the map that she was shown in the past. With that thought in mind, I should really study the local map eventually. I only personally studied the continental map from my previous lesson. And not much was told from it, it lacked intricate details. I suppose it was to be expected in an age where there were no such things as satellites.

That aside, I should have my hands on a local map for study, I couldn't just rely on Estelia's memories alone.

"By the way brother, we can arrive at the eastern plaza through this route, right?"

"Yes indeed. I guess we're heading there then?"

"Hm. Why not? I'm interested to see how it is."

This city has a total of three plazas. The north, west, and east. As we're heading east, we might as well pass by the eastern plaza.

Amidst our walk, I saw a group of people walking out of a building. I raised an eyebrow when I saw them. I looked up towards the sign around the entrance of the two storey building, it said "Wellings Inn".

An inn, huh. And those people...

Seeing how they looked, I instinctively raised my guard, becoming cautious as I closely looked at them. That was because they were carrying weapons.

I observed them closely.

A large man had a giant axe on his back. A slim and tall man had a sheathed sword on his waist and displayed in the open. The other man had a spear in hand, the bottom tapping the ground as he moved forward. Then, a woman wearing a light robe, however, she had no weapon whatsoever. But she could be hiding it.

They were suspicious. They were carrying weapons in a public place. Wasn't that dangerous?

I pulled the sleeve of my brother.

"What's the matter?" he asked.

"Them."

I pointed at the group by cocking my chin. Estevan shifted his eyes towards them.

"Oh, what about them?"

I was baffled, he didn't seem to think a lot about them, even though they were openly having weapons at their disposal.

Estevan was different since he was concealing his weapon in his cloak. But those guys were flourishing their weapons to everyone.

"Aren't they dangerous? They're carrying weapons..." I said timidly.

"Oh I see. Actually there's no problem with that."

There's no problem with that? Are you serious?

Was there no law that prohibits such things? Is this only in this country or also somewhere else? If that was the case to all, then this world needs to work on their policies and improve societal order.

"They're what you call Adventurers."

"Adventurers?"

"They belong to the Adventurer's Guild. And through the guild, you can post commissions for adventurers to work with. Of course with a price."

"What sort of work?"

I mean, they were carrying weapons, so maybe to kill people?

"You can have them as your escorts. Merchants commonly do that to guard their caravan as they go around other cities or countries. Also menial tasks like, well, building, cleaning..... Also you can task them to find something or people."