Chapter Fifteen

"So, instead of going to the academy and studying, we are spending my punishment week on an island?"

You honestly don't get the reason why Elliot has decided to ground you by taking away everything that entertains you and instead takes you on a trip to an island

Which is entertainment itself.

"Yes, I usually spend this time of the year on this island every year, so why not spend it with you"

You roll your eyes at him in disbelief.

But you also feel grateful that you are having a short vacation instead of being locked up in your room.

"I understand that you are angry with me about taking away your phone and mangos-"

"Manga not mangos, Papa"

"Anyway, as I was saying, I'm doing all of this for your own good, plus it is good to be away from your boring academic studies"

You raise an eyebrow at him and cross your arms over your chest.

"You just don't want me near my friends" Elliot shrugs at your words.

"And that too"

Your gaze returns back to the sight of the calming sea.

It went on silent for a few minutes until you decided to break it with your curious question.

"Have you ever fallen in love with someone?" you ask.

"Yeah, I think so" you shook your head.

"Did she like you back" The CEO frowns slightly

"Well, my first girlfriend disappeared, and my second girlfriend died in a car crash" he replies.

"Oh...that's kind of hard"

"No, not really, I don't care"

For the first time, you see a sad glint in his eyes at the mention of his love life.

Maybe, Elliot isn't as heartless as he seems.

It is not like you think that he has a cruel heart or anything, he is not really a bad person in your eyes, to begin with.

"You know, l might sound cliche for saying this, but love doesn't only have to be romantic" you smile slightly.

"I know what you are implying, you are talking about platonic love, right?" Elliot nods, his expression softening.

"Yes, I believe platonic love is the purest kind, especially when I have you as my daughter"

Heat raises to your neck from embarrassment.

"I love you too, Papa"

"Now, that sounds cringeworthy content when you say it" you pout.

"You are so mean, Papa"

"Honey, that also sounds cringy"

While Elliot is teasing you, the captain of your father's yacht comes forward.

"We have arrived, Sir and miss" the older man announces.

"You don't need to be formal, just call me (Y/n)"

"Alright, mis-(Y/n)"

Your father frowns deeply at how your attention quickly switched away from him to another person.

"Don't ever dare to call her by her first name, she isn't your friend, know your place, Dwayne"

"I'm the one who told him to be informal, no need to be harsh with him, Papa" Elliot snorts.

"Is he working for you?"

"No" you reply.

"Then shut up"

"Rude" you mumble.

"What was that, do you want me to add another week to your punishment?"

"No..."

"That's what I thought"

"No, I don't give a damn if you add another week to my punishment"