Scary-oke-Part Three

"Well, explain yourself," Will demanded, nodding to the scattered papers.

Bill looked like a deer in headlights, his gaze darted from the papers to his brother. Wendy immediately sensed tension, and suspected it was time to leave.

"Wow, I think I hear Mabel starting up the confetti canons. I better be there, to put out any fires," She said, before leaving.

The brothers were alone, and the silence was unbearable. Finally, Bill said. "Will, it's not what it looks like."

Will glared. "Are you sure? Because it looks like you're keeping secrets again."

"I can't tell you everything, okay?" Bill snapped.

"But, we promised we wouldn't hide things from each other."

"Oh, that's rich coming from you," The blond remarked. "You were just snooping around my stuff, and planning to call those government agents, behind my back!"

"Alright, you have a point," Will admitted. "But, I only wanted to see what they know."

"Did it ever occurred to you, that if they find out what we are, they could cut us open?" Bill spat.

"As far as they're concerned, we're normal kids."

Bill laughed bitterly. "Normal? We're not normal kids, Will, we have to be cautious of who we trust. If you want to pretend to be normal, then go join the party and forget any of this happen. And tell those damn agents to mind their own business."

Will narrowed his eyes. "First, tell me what those blueprints are for."

"I'll tell you later."

"No, you're telling me now," The blue haired boy declared. "You always do this! You keep things hidden and hesitate to tell anyone."

"Will, I'm not going to repeat myself..."

"Please, Bill," Will pleaded. "I'm really worried about you."

"Stop worrying, then!" Bill snapped. "You keep badgering me to express my feelings and such. For once, wait for me to tell you my emotions, instead of forcing me!"

Will's expression softened, and he frowned. "Bill, I didn't mean to seem pushy, I'm just--"

"Enough," The blond said, firmly. "When I say I'll tell you later, then you leave it at that. Now, go enjoy the rest of the party or whatever."

Dejected, Will made his way towards the exit. He gave Bill a brief glance, seeing that the blond was busy picking up the pages. The blue haired boy frowned, then darted his eyes towards one corner. There, he saw Journal #3 peeking out from Bill's backpack. Making sure Bill wasn't looking, Will snatched the journal out, before leaving the room.

❇❇❇

Meanwhile, the party outside was bursting with energy. People were chatting and laughing, and already lining up for a turn at singing karaoke. Mabel was supervising everything with a smile on her face.

She settled beside her brother by the snack table. "Everything's going great! And, it's almost our turn on stage," She said, excitingly.

Dipper wasn't as enthusiastic as his twin. In fact, he had a rather depressed look on his face. Mabel regarded him in worry.

"Dipping Sauce, what's wrong?" She asked.

"Nothing," Dipper responded, dismissively.

"Are you sure? Because it looks like something is troubling you."